Jambands.ca

Lynx game Sunday 1:05

Hux

The great thing about Allentown, from what I understand, is that they are very behind in their 'bidding process'. Deals have been made behind closed doors that havent been met yet.

That being said, they could get their shit together quickly and steal this team. We certainly cannot blame the owner. He's been a God in my eyes for keeping this money-pit here (along with getting completely fucked over by the city) as long as he has.

Sports forum?

I love the Lynx and am going to miss them when they go.

the philly phanatic will be there on Sunday. I'm probably going with the kids.

I totally forgot you posted that. My blind assumption was that the Lynx were still affiliated with Baltimore. What a wicked surprise in the end. That is one fine mascot. His entrance with the popcorn was hilarious.

Great job by the starting pitcher for Ottawa. He ran into some trouble here and there, seemed to lose volecity at times but in the end did what you can only hope. We had to leave during the top of the eigth when it was 4-2 for the Lynx so hopefully they held onto the lead. I really hope I get to see 10-15 games this year. It's still the best entertainment dollar in this city.

2002300824309421763_fs.jpg

2002363641757514568_fs.jpg

2002340948669497400_fs.jpg

2002328136595083475_fs.jpg

It was a great game - Lynx ended up winning 4-3. Tying run was left at 1st base in the top of the 9th.

My daughter, Zoe, got to be part of grounds crew. :) She got to sit in the dugout for half an inning (top of the 5th) and then she got to run onto the field and change the 2nd base bag. Very cool. (We’ve been going to games regularly for years - College World Series while we live in Omaha, Lynx games....)

After the game we ran the bases, and Zoe got Gary Burnham to sign her cap. He had a big crowd around him and he said that he’d stay until everybody was happy. Career minor leaguer, with a great attitude.

Booche - I thought that I saw you, but I wasn’t sure ‘till I saw the pictures. We walked by you on the way to the picnic area. You were having a smoke, beer in hand IIRC. Next time I’ll introduce myself.

Part of the reason for the switch to the Phillies is that Allentown is close to Philly. I thought the move was a done deal. The team’s sale and proposed move were all approved by Minor League Baseball’s Board of Directors. I hope that you’re right and that there is still a chance that they stay.

Too bad we missed you at the game.

My hope is that whenever the Lynx do leave, that hopefully we are in line for a AA/A team still, hope so, would hate to see that stadium go to waste.

An A team would make sense, but not a AA. That league is almost as important as AAA.

I’d be happy with an A team. I think that we have the fan base to support that. It’s basically only the hardcore fans that show up for Lynx games on a regular basis and I think that they (we) would go see any professional baseball team. While 1000-2000 fans a game is not enough to support a AAA team, it should be enough for an A team.