Jambands.ca

Post you fav classic blue jay pic...

The Chameleon

The Henke's Army post made me think of the good ol' days at Exhibton stadium. Back when me where men, the hot dogs where foot long and Gath Iorge batted DH.....

Ahh them were the days....so post your fav. classic era Blue Jay and a little fact about him.....

lloyd_moseby_autograph.jpg

Lloyd Anthony Moseby

Nickname: the Shaker...

Leads the Toronto Blue Jays all time with 255 career stolen bases....

Also narrowly beat out Cecil Fielder for greasiest Gerry Curls all time....

Edited by Guest

i thought mookie wilson was the blue jays' stolen bases leader? nope, you were right.

Danny Ainge (yes, that Danny Ainge)

dan_ainge_autograph.jpg

willie_upshaw_autograph.jpg

Damaso_Garcia.JPG

Whitternie.jpg

my real favourite was John Olerud though. Had all kinds of autographed stuff, met him a few times, super nice guy.

Rob Ducey was good! I really liked him back in the day

Canadian player, played for both Canadian teams, and was once traded for himself.

On July 26, 2000, the Philadelphia Phillies traded him to the Toronto Blue Jays for a player to be named later. The Toronto Blue Jays sent John Sneed to the Philadelphia Phillies to complete the trade. On August 7, 2000, the Toronto Blue Jays traded him to the Philadelphia Phillies to complete an earlier deal made on August 5, 2000. The Toronto Blue Jays sent a player to be named later to the Philadelphia Phillies for Mickey Morandini. The Toronto Blue Jays sent Rob Ducey to the Philadelphia Phillies to complete the trade.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at that game!

In fact, I was at some gems:

Gruber's cycle

Jays 22-2 loss to the Brewers (stayed till the bitter end too!)

We need an ode to Exhibition stadium thread, that place kicked ass.

I saw their first ever game on ESPN classic Canada and I had completely forgotten how wierd of a place that was. When I was a kid I didnt notice anything wrong with it, it was all I knew, but now, holy craq, what a wierd looking place!

in 1990 i saw Dave Stewart no-hit the Jays at Skydome. When we were getting in the elevator back at the hotel a guy told us that Fernando Valenzuela also threw a no-no that day.

the ex was great, i caught 2 foul balls there down the first base line in my first 2 big league games.