Jambands.ca

Drunken Late-Night Cuisine

Hux

Like most people here, I consider myself a bit of a gourmet and more than capable in the kitchen. However, we've all had those nights when we stumble home late and decide to fire up something in the kitchen to satisfy our craving.

Last weekend, facing a pretty empty fridge, I came up with this doozy.

Hux's Drunken Chick-pea and Garlic Gespacho

1 can chick peas

3 cloves garlic

Empty full contents of can of chick peas (with oil/juice) into blender.

Add 3 cloves garlic.

blend to liquid.

Serve.

Didn't come close to finishing it and let's just say the taste in my mouth the next morning was not pleasant.

What are your drunken culinary low-lights?

Thats not a Gazpacho...thats halfway to hummus soup. Just out of curiousity how sick were you after eating this?? All you needed to added was a tablespoon or 2 of Tahini and some Olive Oil and you would have had Hummous.

Gazpacho soup, also known as gazpacho, is a cold, Spanish soup that is popular in warmer areas and during the summer. Gazpacho descends from an ancient Andalusian concoction based on a combination of stale bread, garlic, olive oil, salt, and vinegar — a cold breadsoup. With the Columbian Exchange beginning in 1492, the tomato and the bell pepper were brought to Europe.

While tomato is an important ingredient of a common form of gazpacho, the original ingredients, mentioned above, not tomato, are those which define gazpacho.[citation needed] In Andalusia, there are several types of gazpacho and many do not include tomato as an ingredient. One very popular type of gazpacho is white gazpacho or ajo blanco malagueño, made principally with almonds, bread, garlic, vinegar and oil.

A completely different approach for this recipe is gazpacho manchego. As the name implies, it seems to have originated from the La Mancha region of Spain, but it is also popular in other areas in the center and southwest of the country. Instead of a cold soup, it is a warm stew. The main ingredients are meat (rabbit in many cases) and bread (a special kind of flat bread), and may also include mushrooms. Therefore, bread is the ingredient that really identifies a gazpacho.[citation needed]

The soup is also classically accompanied by hard boiled egg[citation needed]. The garnishes are served separately, in little bowls, to be added as desired. Occasionally, restaurants in western Spain serve a tomato gazpacho garnished with small cubes of the local ham (e.g. jamón serrano, jamón de bellota, etc.). This is common in Extremadura, where much high-quality ham is produced.[citation needed] On menus in certain Extremaduran restaurants, gazpacho with local ham is called gazpacho extremeño. The ham tends to be added to the soup in the kitchen prior to serving (unlike the other garnishes which are provided in separate dishes and added at the table).

we'd have to start an entire forum for mine, suffice it to say that even in my haziest states i now know enough to stay away from the oven.

i do still make up sammiches (last w.e. it was grilled cheese and a croquette @ midnight) and stock the cupboard with salty snacks beforehand but then again i don't hit the boose like i used to either

incidentally i found that mixed nuts are only good for a couple of handfuls no matter how hungered you feel

I'm on a pretty regimented diet (for health reasons; and it's not just what I eat, but when), so usually don't have anything when I get in at whatever a.m. except for water, but if I do need/want a snack, it'll be breakfast cereal w/ milk, or maybe bread w/ peanut butter. I'm also pretty strict about making sure I brush my teeth before I go to bed, so, regardless of what I eat or don't eat before sacking out, my mouth isn't too bad the next morning.

Aloha,

Brad

Here's one I used to eat after the bar when I shared a house with a buddy of mine years back. For one person I just use less beef.

One pound lean ground beef

One can whole white potatoes (sliced)

One can mushroom gravy

• dump ground beef into frying pan
  • add some oil
  • enjoy a few bonghits
  • when beef is almost finished cooking:
  • add sliced potatoes
  • add mushroom gravy
  • finish cooking
  • eat

Cooking itmes vary with each stove top

Edited by Guest

apparently newbold likes to eat salmon and subsequently dream about swimming upstream

i'm starting to wonder if he's roomates with a shaman or something

Mercury causes hallucinations??? Im spending too much money.

Edited by Guest

call me crazy but the nights i make a tuna sandwich beforehand for late night consumption seem to lead to me feeling better the next day.

essential oils, lots of nutrients, bread to soak up the boose, veggies added...

Have there been any unfortunate can opener incidents yet? (I'm trying to figure out whether an electric can opener or a hand-cranked one would be riskier in drunken situations...)

Edit to add: I missed the "beforehand" part, which (I assume) would drastically reduce the incidence of can opener trauma.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest