Jambands.ca

FIFA Under 20's?

Hal Johnson

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, the Nigerians were the best fans of the Tourney thus far. Aint no way anyone could tell me any different. They danced and banged drums from 20 minutes before the game, until it was over. EVERYONE was standing in that section. Total awesomeness all around and I offer my most heartfelt applause to that crew. When the players came over and greeted them before the match started it felt like water might come from my eyes.

And when buddy scored that first goal, ran the opposite way of that section and then turned around to run at them and get them going ballistic? Best moment of the games so far. Incredible smarts from that kid.

Yet I cant help but wonder what Lawn Chair People would have done behind their section.

Wrong forum?

But the game itself was still pure ass and far less entertaining than it should have been. TERRIBLE giveaways from both teams. Almost no flow. Kick and run all the way. The second half was some of the worst soccer imagineable. Wasting clocks, feining injuries....blah blah blah.....but lets all cheers the ref tonight.

He did a great job trying to keep it going.

Partying with players?

Priceless

It started raining within 2 minutes of kickoff and didnt stop until the last 5 minutes of extra time. I wasn't as wet as the rest of the people around me. I think being Scottish gave me the one up there, I was beyond prepared. I thought the game was shit all around. The play never really settled at all for either team and neither team really held possesion. It was almost like everyone was afraid to hold the ball incase they made a mistake. The bookings were almost all deserved and that sending off was more than warranted. Adu is an ignorant little shit as are most of the American players. I loved it when the US keeper took the ball in face even though it prevented a goal. The American players all changed numbers too from the last game I wonder what that was all about.

yup, paul dolan was Canada's no.1 (ie. starting goalkeeper) before Forrest took over and the other guy will probably be calling a women's gymnastics event next, a steeplechase after that and then diving or something. A wet blanket for any sporting event

fairly boring game i thought, hopefuly tonight's will be better

With blood trickling down their angry faces, a number of screaming Chilean players were seen being handcuffed by Toronto police after a nasty brawl outside National Soccer Stadium last night.

Tempers snapped in the first half when Chile's Gary Medel was red-carded by German referee Wolfgang Stark for a run-in with an Argentine player. With the Argentines flopping all over the pitch for the remainder of the game, the majority of calls went against Chile.

Ruckus erupts on, off pitch after semi loss

wow, that ref was just awful, i've never seen someone so gullible in falling for players' playacting. i must say howard webb was among the best refs in the tournament at keeping the diving in check.

Also there was one game that we were at where the ref wouldn't stop play for the bullshit writhing and delayed the return of players coming back onto the pitch after receiving 'treatment'- he was awesome

the better team won though and that first goal was a screamer