Jambands.ca

The Soundtrack of Our Lives - Toronto shows

bONES

I'm going on Thursday. You can get a wristband at many places for $28 (which gives you access to every show at the NXNE fest), but I've heard that you can still buy tickets for specific gigs at the door at most if not all clubs. So, I'm going to get there early on Thursday and try to buy tickets.

Those are pretty weak songs on the Myspace site. For the non-initiated, The Soundtrack Of Our Lives are one of the best bands I've ever seen in concert (the Opera House show from 2003). Their albums are fantastic - mix in the Beatles with The Stooges, Pink Floyd and oh yeah, The Who in large Moon/Townshend doses.

Check them out on Youtube for some low-fi fixes.

Edited by Guest

I can smell my boner from here!!

::pm's Dima::

8 June

Silver Dollar

I would hit that bar by 5pm for whatever grub they wanted to serve me. Else, I would try my damnest to ensure I didnt drink 10 beers before the band hit their first note (soundcheck for the rest of you lost dweebs).

And that would not be easy.

I wrote my last post six or seven sheets to the wind. Perhaps that's the best indicator to how the show went. I don't have time right now to write an official review - something I'm planning on doing tonight from work - but to answer your question: The Soundtrack Of Our Lives were on fire last night! Large Marge, YearsAlongTheSea and starhead/Cowboy/whateverhewantstocallhimselfthesedays were there and rocking with the big fat TSOOL frontman Ebbot and the boys. Excellent show from start to finish. I wish I had the weekend off so I could catch them again tonight and on Saturday.

yup...wicked!

Jaimoe, post the setlist already would ya! ;)

I got my Instant Repeater 99 the third song in to the show, and that definitely got these old bones shakin'

Other highlights for me were...

from "behind the music"

Infra Riot

Sister Surround

Keep The Line Movin'

Independant Luxury

Broken Imaginary Time

The Flood

from "extended revelation"

Jehovah Sunrise

from "origin vol 1"

Bigtime

and from "welcome to the infant freebase"

(Instant Repeater 99) & Mantra Slider

I`m going back for more TSOOL tonight

they are such a rockin good band

Excellent show. Got there a little late but there weren't too many people there, lot's of room to get down and everyone seemed very into it; and who could blame 'em? For straight up, down and dirty rock and roll, they're so well textured and unabrasive. Loved the stage presence. The lead singer is a character, no doubt. Good meeting you Jaimoe. Starhead and Marge; pleasure as always...

Saturday night, back at Healy's, and man oh man was raging. A few repeats but they were played like night and day. I don't know their material so maybe Starhead will chime in and clarify. This show was a little more 'out there' and a lot heavier all around. Great times.

Last Days of April played before them, another band from Sweden and I was delightfully surprised by how good they sounded. Especially for a very young band I'd never heard of. Nice treat...