Jambands.ca

jomomma tonight

secondtube

403 > Wayne Gretsky Parkway to the big street that takes you downtown (I think there's a "downtown" sign) > Market

Market is right downtown... that BNB show we caught was on Market but I think brando's is closer to downtown

I'm heading out to the open jam down at Mermaid's myself

have a good ol' browntown time! [big Grin]

I believe that Guerilla Funk Monster is also playing in Brantford two doors down at the bar called Two Doors Down...not sure though. Seeing as this is the first I've heard of it and Brantford promoters are as sketchy as, well, CTMF promoters, I'd totally believe it.

quote:

Originally posted by MK:

I believe that Guerilla Funk Monster is also playing in Brantford two doors down at the bar called Two Doors Down...not sure though. Seeing as this is the first I've heard of it and Brantford promoters are as sketchy as, well, CTMF promoters, I'd totally believe it.

You're an "censored" for saying that buddy. Since "the promoter" lost the previous venue and landed a new one in a few months, I think he did an amazing job. Putting on a festival like CTMF is not easy, even when things are running smoothly. You just insulted one of the best friends I have ever had. Let's see you do a better job..."censored".

I'm a Freak, what can I say... [Embarrassed]

yays man...

the big street is the one that goes right through downtown... its a two way at Wayne Gretsky then it splits into one way on either side of downtown (like king and main in hamilton)

market is a very main looking street corner

its not too tough... find downtown and you'll find market... at market only really goes one direction (right, off the big street)

you'll find it man

if not, come back and meet me at Mermaid's for $2.50 domestic bottles of beer and $2.50 shots across the street (Irishman's wet dream)

Tube II - Paisley's directions are better than what I could give ya...

Freak - just noticing that bands are still curious if they are even playing and general info can't be found mere days before the fest. I'm sure who ever you think I'm insulting is a great friend - just not a very organized promoter. For some reason I think I would have know GFM was playing Brantford tonight if he was doing his job...

I got a good chuckle out of one of your comments in the infamous Cheesehead thread that I'd like to quote here cause it's quite fitting:

"Grow up you name calling baby"

[Wink]

You called My friend "sketchy"...where I come from you can't be called too much worse than that. I've just read so much crap on here about Frontiertown from people who don't know what the f#@k they're talking about. Mark has put a hell of a lot of effort into changing venues at the last minute and all some peeps can do is complain about things that have been overlooked to take care off more important things. When everyone heard that Frontiertown closed down everyone was all about " what can we do to help,...we're here for you Mark and Rick...etc...but when it comes down to it, you can't even spare your patience and understanding. Shame on you.

I appologize for name calling...that was childish.

Please don't call my friend sketchy...that also was uncalled for.

The GFM was a last minute thing for all involved.

And Morgan, nobody's arguing that corners havn't been cut for the labourday fest. Did everyone forget all the crap that had to be sorted out in Durham??? The waiting and the red tape...am I the only one who remembers this??? I remember thread after thread of upset and worried people talking and discussing ways to keep CTMF going. I give up. People can talk the talk, but they'll only walk the walk if doesn't put them out. Were all the offers of encouragement conditional??? Too much...I don't even know what to say.

Sorry, I didn't realize that GFM was last minute.

It seems that the Waterford site was secured nearly a month ago though...then the ball stopped rolling. You're right, my friends aren't organizing it so I don't know the deets - but then again, that makes me part of the ticket buying public and I have to think that if you want more than your friends to show-up more needs to be done. As far as people wanting to help before and now not walking the walk...I think it's kinda clear that your friends don't want any help...or this would be organized...

Freak, I'll buy you a drink if I see you on market st tonight - peace!

I'll take you up on that drink MK, but not tonight unfortunately. My first post was writen in anger and anyone who knows me, knows with me, anger is synonomous with stupid. I do appologize strongly. Just remember, if Frontiertown was still running, none of this "disorganization" would be an issue at all. Please be patient and understanding...and above all..GO TO CTMF this weekend...it's going to kick ass!!!!

I only saw one person(MK) say something superfreak, and I read it as being a light comment... at least he was spreading the word that the Guerilla Funk Monster show was happening tonight... Momack defended 'im because you got extremely upset... I don't think that constitutes you being the only person who remembers worrying about CTMF leaving frontier town and the saloon... in the other thread everyone just wanted to know who was playing and when... fair enough to wonder as a paying customer

as far as CTMF goes, Mark and co. have always done really good work... finding the new venue was well done, I know he keeps crazy busy and runs the organizing like a one man show...

humidity is hot... lets all go for beer!

Paisley...

I didn't mean for it to come off like I'm the only one...etc...I know I said that but it was more figure of speech. There have been many shots made in many threads and many comments made in social situations, that along with the name MK called M... I know that's why I got so upset...I bet you some peeps don't even realize the impact of what they have said in thier "light comments". If MK's comment was light hearted, I didn't read it that way at first. I have already appologized for my stupidity. I could have said what I had to say without anger. I'll let this dog sleep now...

quote:

Originally posted by Super Freak:

The GFM was a last minute thing for all involved.

And Morgan, nobody's arguing that corners havn't been cut for the labourday fest. Did everyone forget all the crap that had to be sorted out in Durham??? The waiting and the red tape...am I the only one who remembers this??? I remember thread after thread of upset and worried people talking and discussing ways to keep CTMF going. I give up. People can talk the talk, but they'll only walk the walk if doesn't put them out. Were all the offers of encouragement conditional??? Too much...I don't even know what to say.

Just for the record. I never posted or got involved in the Front discussion. Durham is just such a long drive..

but I'm with ya sista. I can respect anybody that takes a stand where they think its necessary...

Just a different angle, thats all...

Archived