Jambands.ca

Tragically Hip @ Art Park, Lewiston, NY this weekend

Kanada Kev

Seriously?!

Personally, I'd nominate that stupid song I've heard to be the worst song I've ever heard in my life. I'm not joking either. Too bad they have no idea how to write music anymore.

"Phone rings once; phone rings twice; phone rings three times."

That's the best thing you could come up with?!?!? My daughter Ada writes better lyrics and she's only 6 weeks old.

"I love you. You know I do

Yea, it’s perfect…well, it isn’t and it is

And I’ve been meaning to call you

I’ve been meaning to call you

Then I do

Then I do

Phone rings once

Phone rings twice

Phone rings three times "

I'd love to see them again. I haven't seen them in a REALLY long time. Since the very first Roadside Attraction tour.

I was watching their toronto dvd on the back of the seat in front of me on the plane back from Houston yesterday (Air Canada rocks!) and I'm going to pick that up.

The Hip, huh. They put their music together in a fairly standard radio play formula, fairly monotone harmonies, somewhat catchy and very standard rhythms, nothing exceptional in their lyrics but moderately strong...Overall I think they're a Q107 hit, but I hate the radio and the formula fit songs...then again, I listen to Zappa frequently.

Kev, I am going to see the show on Saturday. Too bad, I would have liked to meet you. I am excited for this show because I bought Nothern Wish's tickets, which are front row. I would also agree, I love the new disc.

Hey man, sorry we couldn't meet and party at the show. Maybe you'll go back for seconds today????

How was the show? Front row!!! Wow. I'll be in 6th row tonight :) Looking forward to getting down.

Great show last night, it was a good mix of new and old. Didn't get to hear The Dropoff, but we did get to hear The Kids Don't Get It. I love that song. My tickets weren't actually first row, but we eventually made our way up there. Got a drumstick and a pick. Have fun, it is a good venue, in a small tourist town.

Do you hold out your pinky when you drink tea?

Most of the time I do stick out my pinky, it's because I'm a pompous ass of sorts.

Glad to hear people had a good time at the show, it's not my 'cup of tea' but I am always glad to hear of people having a genuinely good time wherever they go.

Band and crowd were super energized last night. Great show with Gordie pulling off a lot of his antics and freestyle ramblings. Good fun.

When buying beers I paid with Canadian money and got US in return AT PAR!!!! Shows stateside are getting "cheaper" due to the dollar :) :) :)

Next up: Gratefulfest :)