Jambands.ca

Insurance in Ottawa/ Ontario?

Northern Wish

PC isn't terrible, although I am not with them so can't really offer anything. You can get quotes online and it seems pretty cheap. I'd read the fine print though.

My provider is Gore Mutual, bought from DKC Group. I know my car insurance is cheaper from them than from Economical. Plus my tenant's insurance is through them and the more you purchase, the more you get discounted. Or something.

unfortunately because of: "without a sparkling record"

you will probably be put in the facility pool. It doesn't matter who you call, whether it be a company, broker, or agent, they will all place you in the same risk sharing agreement.

now, if your not-so sparkling record isn't as bad as you think, you can pm if you'd like, it is definitely worth shopping around.

the cheapest companies are ING, which runs under the trade name belair direct and PC Financial. Neither of these companies are known for their service, but their prices can't be beat! Gore Mutual is known for great service in the Industry....I almost started my career there.

Edit to say:

Ad is also very correct in saying line of insurance you purchase will give you a discount; generally 10%. So if you have any property insurance, tenants insurance, or the like, first get a quote by them, whether it be a company or broker. If you find a cheaper quote elsewhere, dont take it right away. Call your current Insurer and let them know your quote. They may offer to match it. They can't lower your rates right off the bat, but they can get deviation authority to keep you as a customer.

hope this helps...

Edited by Guest

My rates almost doubled from New Brunswick to here........

That's strange' date=' New Brunswick is known for having higher than average insurance rates.[/quote']

just received my car insurance and it went down

almost 300.00 from 3 years ago

wawanesa based out of winnepeg

i guess a good driving record all my life does the trick, at least i was told that