Jambands.ca

Wolfe Island Music Festival

DevO

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove Hamilton > Toronto today to look at 2 apartments... BOTH landlords did NOT show up at our scheduled time (or at all). Then it took no less than TWO HOURS to drive from Toronto to Hamilton. Its 615pm. Theres a traffic jam from Ancaster all down the 403 all the way to the QEW.

In short, I won't be there tonight. Coming tomorrow. Still need a camping spot.

fwiw the FREE fairy from Kingston to the island runs every hour or hour and a half or so and it will carry your car. The small fairy from Cape Vincent N.Y. only carries about ten cars and costs around 10-15 bucks US

These fairies you speak of... are they of the mystical wood-sprite variety, or the homosexual variety? I imagine the pixies could use their magical powers to transport cars over the water, but it would probably take a whole team of gay men to carry a car while swimming across the strait.

fwiw the FREE fairy from Kingston to the island runs every hour or hour and a half or so and it will carry your car. The small fairy from Cape Vincent N.Y. only carries about ten cars and costs around 10-15 bucks US

These fairies you speak of... are they of the mystical wood-sprite variety' date=' or the homosexual variety? I imagine the pixies could use their magical powers to transport cars over the water, but it would probably take a whole team of gay men to carry a car while swimming across the strait.

[/quote']

Hey that's grand. Didn't even realize the typo. Latency? Perhaps... for now we'll call the big one the Fairy and the little one the Pixie...neither carry much magic :P

that was a facking awesome time. i fell asleep for the after party though, that was kinda sad.

but today explored the island after all the suzies left in the morning. big sandy bay is the best (freshwater) beach i've ever been to, awesome sand, huge waves, no rocks, no people. ran into a lot of the bands around town today, wolf parade, apostle, sarah harmer and luther wright, chris brown, basia bulat, one of the creegan brothers from BNL, born ruffians, all of whom were having a good time. the wolf parade guys loved the festival, and the apostle guys said they had a wicked time as well; the bands were put up at various houses around the island, apostle were at a queen's professor's huge lakeside place. (i got some good dish on that from a friend who is apostle's manager now)

wicked time. somebody post some pics, i forgot my camera :)

that "ernie's" restuarant someone mentioned is out of business, looks like for a long time.

just got home now. although i missed a lot of the festival, it was a great night and i f'n love seeing you guys, its always a kick ass time! great to see apostle of hustle again, shed a different light on a few of the tracks off the new album that hadn't previously clicked. holy fuck were high energy and definitely the musical highlight!!! as for wolf parade, i can now confidently say they are NOT my cup of tea. for those who like em, they played almost entirely new songs in their set (i think). my last memories of the night include NW rambling on about the greatness of ryan adams, and walking around with stapes looking for a fork.