Jambands.ca

CTMF Labour Day *more bands added*

NewRider

I for one am very excited for this lineup... I haven't been since before I had my lil one... and as much as I enjoy the bands that frequent CTMF, I am very excited for something different.

United Steel Workers are great by the way!!

cheers,

Nellie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget guys there will also be a fatties show!!!!

I would just like to say cheers to mark wilson for all the hard work and headache to him to put this on year after year with no payoff to him except that we all have a great time!

and cheers to smalltown bar bands!!!

some less heard abouts around these parts but not fluff:

United Steel Workers of Montreal - lot like The Silver Hearts, awesome in their own right

Curry Guns and Maple Syurp - kinda space/prog rock-ish, floyd-ish with some more rock, great stuff from a young band (had my doubts over the confusing name at first but have been nothing but truly impressed live)

Electroluminescent - sort of like Dave Lauzon, but not Dave Lauzon... awesome, just back from touring the netherlands and europe in general... have seen him a bunch of times but am freshly blown away ever new time

BA Johnson - will make you smile, cry, laugh, shake your fist and dance like a ballerina all at once... epic

have only seen Circuit Breaker once so don't have a lot to say but enjoyed the once... loads of energy... live drum n bass basically, nicely done

Woodhands is awesome

so long as its at ghost town I'll be doing my best to be there

This is whats goin on so far!

United Steel Workers of Montreal

Fat Cats

Woodhands

Circuit Breaker

Curry Guns and Maple Syurp

Electroluminescent

BA Johnson

Tigar Bomb

Mark Wilson & The Way It Is

Ultra Magnus

Surly Young Bucks

Battle Ship Eithel

Purple Joe

Two Stone Throw

Diesel Dog Acoustic & Electric

The Droops

Acoustic Stage (Saloon):

David Celia

The Brooks Sisters

Duane Rutter

Lynn Jackson

Alun Piggins

Mike Alviano

Tanya Philipovich

Cindy Clasper

Lucas Stagg

Craig McNair

The Stars Here

Edited by Guest

This is whats goin on so far!

United Steel Workers of Montreal

Fat Cats

Woodhands

Circuit Breaker

Curry Guns and Maple Syurp

Electroluminescent

BA Johnson

Tigar Bomb

Mark Wilson & The Way t Is

Ultra Magnus

Surly Young Bucks

Battle Ship Eithel

Purple Joe

Two Stone Throw

Diesel Dog Acoustic & Electric

The Droops

Acoustic Stage (Saloon):

David Celia

The Brooks Sisters

Duane Rutter

Lynn Jackson

Alun Piggins

Mike Alviano

Tanya Philipovich

Cindy Clasper

Lucas Stagg

Craig McNair

The Stars Here

I think this is a seriously good line-up. Show-Whore is definitely trying his best and succeeding in bringing some new fresh music into this fest. Woodhands, Ultra Mag and USMW are fucking awesome to say the least.

Circuit Breaker are sure to blow some minds as well. They are live drum and bass(with keyboard player) but they actually pull off a fresh sound and not that cliche'd dnb that got old real fast.

Plus the good ol fatties, mark wilson, friends of hef and DD??? On top of how much fun I see these bands as being I have to say I can't see one band that is not a good bunch of decent people as well.

Good vibes are sure to be had.

Just because you don't know who the band is, doesn't mean they are going to suck.

CTMF has rocked every time I've gone, whether I knew the bands or not. It's gonna rock this time, so don't get upiddy about who's playing and who's not. are there gonna be bands playing day and night? yes. Are you gonna see the smiling faces of people you don't get to see that often? yes. Is it going to be three days of debauched, laugh-your-a$$-off good times? YES! so shut up and enjoy it!

Edited by Guest

one fest I wouldn't miss for the world

personally sincerely pumped to catch this line-up at ghost town

is good to see the wall between "jam" and "indie" getting blurred, loosened up anyways... either label (terms penned by radio stations and record labels to categorize product) is often constricting and misleading

am into good solid music regardless what section HMV puts it in