Jambands.ca

CTMF Labour Day *more bands added*

NewRider

We (Surly Young Bucks) are excited to be a part of the fest this year, with so many bands we're acquainted with from the jam scene and the indie scene coming together (pardon the pun) in what looks like an awesome festival.

Unfortunately our drummer, Dan Griffin, can't make the festival, but in his place we're stoked to have our friend Dan Empringham of Circuit Breaker and Joel Elliot & the Thin Line. It's gonna be a good one, folks.

Check out our myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/thesurlyyoungbucks

Here's a recording of our last gig on the Archive:

http://www.archive.org/details/syb2007-07-06.flac16

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The schedule should be coming soon. Friday night is looking really good for jam fans ... at least I think it's going to play out that way ... from what I can tell, the Fatties are playing on the main stage on Friday night, followed by Diesel Dog in the saloon. Somebody please confirm or correct me if I'm wrong. Plus it's being billed as the Fat Cats 15 year anniversary show, so it should be sweet!!!

Peace, Mark

As far as I have heard from our end of things the Fatties are indeed playing on the Friday night followed by Diesel Dog in the saloon.

But to tell you the truth I think they may have other plans up their sleeves in terms of officially celebrating their 15th year anniversary... but I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm looking forward to labour day weekend for sure!

As far as I have heard from our end of things the Fatties are indeed playing on the Friday night followed by Diesel Dog in the saloon.

But to tell you the truth I think they may have other plans up their sleeves in terms of officially celebrating their 15th year anniversary... but I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm looking forward to labour day weekend for sure!

Friday night with the Fatties and Diesel Dog will be a blast, anniversary show or not. I know that the band played a 10 year anniversary show of sorts up at Frontier Town for the CTMF Labour Day 2002 festival.

I look forward to hearing about an "official" 15 year anniversary show if and when one materializes.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

You guys should check out Battleship Ethel, too. They're a SERIOUS old-school-style progressive band - keyboards, bass and drums. They're playing Friday night I think.

Thanks for the heads up. Paisley always speaks highly of this band.

It looks like lots of solid talent is booked for the festival, including a band I've heard good things about called The Surly Young Bucks. ;):)

Peace, Mark

Main Stage

Friday

Fat Cats 9:00-11:00

Curry Guns maple Syrup 7:00-8:30

Saturday

United Steal Workers of Montreal 9:30-11:30

WoodHands 7:30-9:00

BA Johnson 6:15-7:15

Electroluminescent 5:00-6:00

Tiger Bomb 4:00-4:45

Chameleon Project 2:15-3:30