Jambands.ca

EPL 2007-2008 Season

MattyC

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brilliant game today arse v blackurn, even from a neautrals perspective . young gunners indeed! average age today 19 years 8 months against the rovers senior side!

lots of cards (yellow and red!),controversial goals! crunching tackles! that prick Robbie Savage! injuries! the gunners managed a 3-2 win in extra time!this game had it all.

say what you will, but the arse does entertain.

Edited by Guest

Liverpool Touring North America Next Summer

euFootballBiz is reporting that Liverpool will likely tour the United States and Canada next summer to play several friendlies.

Liverpool may play in the MLS All-Star Final against an MLS All-Star team. If so, the 2008 final is scheduled to be played in Toronto in July.

euFooballBiz also indicates it's likely that Liverpool will play a friendly in Montreal.

If Liverpool does visit North America in the Summer of 2008, this will be a huge coup because so many English clubs are traveling to Asia to play friendlies and to market themselves there.

Stay tuned to EPL Talk for the latest news about Premier League clubs arranging friendlies.

Montreal road trip anyone?

CL First knockout round

First leg Second leg

Schalke - Porto 19/02 » 05/03 »

Roma - Real Madrid 19/02 » 05/03 »

Olympiacos - Chelsea 19/02 » 05/03 »

Liverpool - Internazionale 19/02 » 11/03 »

Celtic - Barcelona 20/02 » 04/03 »

Lyon - Man. United 20/02 » 04/03 »

Fenerbahçe - Sevilla 20/02 » 04/03 »

Arsenal - Milan 20/02 » 04/03 »

First-leg home team shown first.

There is some stellar pairings here. February is so close yet so far away.

UEFA Cup draw was today too. Rangers get a trip to Greece and those trips dont ever turn out so well for us.

2007/08 UEFA Cup Round of 32

First leg: 13/14 February

Second leg: 21 February

1. Aberdeen FC (SCO) v FC Bayern München (GER)

2. AEK Athens FC (GRE) v Getafe CF (ESP)

3. Bolton Wanderers FC (ENG) v Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP)

4. FC Zenit St. Petersburg (RUS) v Villarreal CF (ESP)

5. Galatasaray AS (TUR) v Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)

6. RSC Anderlecht (BEL) v FC Girondins de Bordeaux (FRA)

7. SK Brann (NOR) v Everton FC (ENG)

8. FC Zürich (SUI) v Hamburger SV (GER)

9. Rangers FC (SCO) v Panathinaikos FC (GRE)

10. PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Helsingborgs IF (SWE)

11. SK Slavia Praha (CZE) v Tottenham Hotspur FC (ENG)

12. Rosenborg BK (NOR) v ACF Fiorentina (ITA)

13. Sporting Clube de Portugal (POR) v FC Basel 1893 (SUI)

14. Werder Bremen (GER) v SC Braga (POR)

15. SL Benfica (POR) v 1. FC Nürnberg (GER)

16. Olympique de Marseille (FRA) v FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

keegan in at newcastle then eh?

hopefully he and wee mickey can clear the air a bit

In his autobiography Owen called his time as an England player under Keegan as a "dark phase in my career" which left him questioning his ability.

But Shearer told BBC 5 Live: "I'm sure what he said in his autobiography will be brought up but they're grown adults.

"They'll get over that, it won't be a problem at all I promise you."

Keegan was England manager between 1999 and 2000 during which time he took the team to the European Championship in Belgium and Holland, failing to get past the group stage.

In his 2004 autobiography "Off the Record", Owen said the experience left him feeling "scarred" and that playing under Keegan made his self-belief "evaporate".

He also said Keegan's team talk for the vital game against Romania, which saw England eliminated from the tournament, became a 20-minute lecture about him.

"I really started to resent him - not as a man, but as a manager," Owen wrote.

Ha Keegan ?

this guy walks out on every job he has ever had . hasn't watch a footy game in 3 years .. :confused:

we'll see what happens, it could hardly get worse. i am sure he'll bring alan shearer in and he'll sort it all out . Ya i am not a big fan of Keegan .

BUT

after watching spurs absolutely man handle the gunners and listening to the crowd at white hart lane i almost became a fan. i can never be a fan, after all coventry city beat them in the '87 f.a cup final (had to throw that in there) but it was amazing !

Robbie Keane (ex coventry city player) and Berbatov are unstoppable and sitting, it could have been 10-1 ?

i am going to download this game and keep it forever, it was a fine, fine game .