Jambands.ca

Tea Leaf Green - Toronto - Aug. 28

Basher

I don't think there were 100 there. For sure Torontonians were outnumbered by kids from Western New York.

Also, I have seen TLG several times, and last night's show just didn't cut it. The first set was okay, but the second set was downright painful. Perhaps they were punishing us for the brutal turnout.

The most impressive part of the night was TLGs new lighting rig, but their lighting guy is clearly in his "press every damn one of these new buttons - ALL AT ONCE" mode with his new toy.

Well, that is too bad that they are getting less and less impressive. I just loved them the first time they placed TO.

It does, however, make it easier to deal with that I finally decided it was too much of a hassle to head to the show last night.

Now time to start enjoying my planned 'sick' day! woo hoo.

I spoke to the keyboard guy, the lights guy, and the merch guy... none of them even knew who booked their show (or seemed to care). I tried to suggest the Rivoli but they were all adamant that they liked the Mod club, even if it was empty. Guess they must have a guarantee. Anyway, they didn't seem put off by the low numbers. Mr. Hot Keys was like, "Dude, don't worry. We've played Toronto like 4 times now... we love it here".

On a side note, the lights were in-fucking-sane! TOO MUCH!!! I thought I was going to have a seizure or something with all that stadium-intensity strobe action blasting me in the face the whole time. When I asked what the deal was, I was simply directed to the warning sign they posted on the door.

On another side note, Ben, the bass player that I was givin 'er for all night, actually thanked me for my awesome dancing :) I was like, "if you want to thank me, come over here and give me some LOVE!" He conceded to a quick Marginator hug followed by a hasty retreat to the tour bus. *sigh* ;)