Jambands.ca

Jazz fans step inside

Esau.

Someone on another site PM'd me with this link, I figured some folks here will be interested also.

You can download (wma files) or stream the audio.

I should note that when I downloaded a recording, it appears the security certificate for the site has expired, according to IE anyway. I accepted anyway and ran some virus scans, checked for any malware, spyware etc and turned up nothing, so it seems to be safe and clean. Figured I should let ya know anyway.

Taken from the site:

This is the page that has the rare stuff. These vintage recordings feature live performances from some of the most influential artists of the day, whose work defined the Jazz Fusion genre in its formative stages.

These live recordings were captured mostly from FM radio broadcasts in Europe and Japan. I'd acquired copies of these and other shows on analog cassette tape in 1996-1997 when I was active in the tape trading world. I've converted about 75 hours of audio tape to digital format (.wav --> .wma) to be posted and shared at this site.

I've also more recently posted an additional 100+ hours of select audio that I'd found at the Sugarmegs archive. And... another 200+ hours of material I've since acquired from two mega-trades. (Thank you, Rick C and James S!)

The fidelity of the sound is generally imperfect, but the importance of this music can clearly be heard.

Please note that these recordings have never been intended for commercial release. This music has not been, nor ever will be for sale, on sale, set sail, bought, sold, rolled or plundered. This music was recorded by fans; collected, copied, traded or given, with no monies exchanged.

This collection is presented here in that same spirit of sharing, and may not be used for any commercial purpose.

If you have some similar vintage Jazz Fusion audio that you'd like to share and have posted at this site, please let me know.

More files will be added here soon.

http://jazzfusion.tv/bootlegaudio.html#

Cheers

• 2 months later...