Jambands.ca

Rescue Me Season 4 starts Tuesday!

Jaimoe

I don't download programs, so some of you have already seen a lot of the new season (eg. Booche and Douglas). However, the new Rescue Me is on Showcase and Showcase HD Tuesday at 10pm (with at least two repeats overnight). I can't wait.

I can't wait either for the BBC reworking of Dr. Jekyll on Showcase on Wednesday too, called Jekyll (mini-series).

see, I thought they were only airing on Showcase AFTER the season ended on FX. I thought that happened each year.

why don't they just fucking air it at the same fracking time?

It has to be one of those convoluted and maddening marketing network deals between US and Canadian cable networks. TMN seems to not be part of this, but Showcase may not have the money to air the shows at the same time. Better yet, Showtime and networks of their ilk may lack the initial foresight to invest into shows without waiting to see if they are hits - the deals probably were made and can't be changed or are too expensive to change.

Unfortuately for Showcase and other channels that share shows, down-loading can kill potential audiences, particularily in Canada. Space/CityTv used to air Battlestar Galactica only after its initial US run ended, and the show suffered ratings-wise here. Same with another cool Space show: The 4400, which will air its 4th season only after it finishes airng on the Sci-Fi Channel in the US.

Best part of last night's show was the clueless interim chief.

I could talk about what happened on my version of last night's show (episode 11) but I have a feeling people wouldn't like it.

It's weird though - the plot and characters are the same no matter the resolution you watch it at. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts on the season. don't click this if you aren't up to date

i think it is totally weak. there's one episode left and nothing has happened. let's recap the major events - selling the baby, family meetings, tommy's guilt, colleen and the loser boyfriend. am i missing any major plot lines? borrrrrrrring. at least Lou and Garrity are keeping it funny. i miss the hot nun. i hate the Franco plotline but Richie is hilarious.

I got it, silly question..........here's one thing I would like to add as a spoiler.

While I agree with your assesment AD, I will argue that one of the best episodes in the entire series occured during this season. I believe it is episode 7, the one that opens with the fallout from the Chiefs suicide and Proby's moms death.