The Chameleon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MTV removes Britney Spears' VMAs performance

11/09/2007 1:32:00 PM

Britney Spears' performance at the MTV VMAs has been removed from MTV repeats and online.

According to the MTV website, the station was "forced" to remove the troubled singer's Sunday night performance at the 2007 VMAs from repeat broadcasts and it has "been pulled indefinitely from all MTV properties worldwide until further notice." No further explanation us offered.

Spears' expected "come back" appearance has been the subject of much discussion and negative reaction. She stumbled through the show, appearing disoriented and many have speculated that she was drunk and that her career will not recover.

Everyone's reading about all this celebrity bullshit and viewing funny videos or articles on sites like theSUperficial independently, so I'm glad to see the opinions and hilarious posts shared here in one place.

3 Cheers to Tommy Lee for calling Kid Rock "Kid Pebble".

Personally, I would have called him Pebbles.

Tori Amos pens musical ode to Britney

Tori Amos has sung a musical ode to troubled celeb popstar Britney Spears at a show in Australia earlier this week.

During Amos's show in Sydney on Tuesday (September 11), she improvized a verse in response to Spears's criticically panned performance at the MTV Music Video Awards.

Amos has previously spoken out in support of Britney Spears, saying that her head-shaving incident was an indication of who Spears really is.

Speaking to contactmusic earlier this year, Amos said: "I don't think her sweet, saccharine image was close to who she really was, and she rebelled."

The lyrics in full were:

Britney, they set you up

But you drank from their cup

Britney, they set you up

Oh, but this is what it looks like, love

This is what is looks like

When a star falls down, when a star falls down

Well, maybe you're a mother

But you still need your mother

Yes, I may be a mother but I still need a mother

To pick me up

Yes, to pick me up

When it all falls down, when it all falls down

Britney, they set you up

Is your contract winding up?

But you drank from the cup

Boy, this is what it looks like

Yes, I said, this is, this is what it looks like, Disney, yes

When a star falls down, when a star falls down

Well, maybe you're a mother

Baby, you still need a mother

Yes, I may be a mother but I still need a mother

To pick me up

Yes, to pick me up

One interesting biz-related fall-out regarding this has to do with California mega-reps The Firm, and Brian is correct to point out that ultimately it is your hired reps that must take some blame in the end. From foxnews.com:
There will be a lot of finger-pointing Monday as Spears’ flabby, bloated, incoherent showing is dissected over and over.

But the real person to blame has to be Spears’ newish manager, Jeff Kwatinetz of The Firm.

According to

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2007/09/18/4505923-ap.html

In another development Monday, Spears was dropped by her management company, The Firm, just a month after she hired them for the run-up to the release of her new album on Nov. 13.

"We have terminated our professional relationship with Britney Spears," the company said in a statement. "We believe Britney is enormously talented, and has made a terrific record. But current circumstances have prevented us from properly doing our job."

Aloha,

Brad

blah I'm not really sure what to say on this matter.. part of me says leave her alone, part of me wants to say HEH HEEEH cause I really can't stand her music... As for the 'body issues' I realaaaly do not see any problem with her body.. she looks good to me!!! grrrrr

I think I'm just more pissed with our society than anything else... we are soo obsessed with her.. and then when she fails in any little way everyone is laughing at her...

I can't even state enough how this 'skinny fad' is pissing me off SOOOOOOOOOOO much.. WHAT THE HELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's soo unhealthy and disgusting. Why do the people with the most money look the most unhealthy and the most horrible.. don't get it.