Britney performance at the MTV VMA 2007

The Chameleon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer belly?? c'mon.

She looks like a normal average woman. And she has recently had two babies. It wouldn't take much work to get a bit more buff.

In the 50s that would have been considered sexy. Unfortunately, today a "normal" (i.e. for a celebrity) looking woman's body is an almost anorexic looking one. You gotta give it to her for having the guts to go out there looking like that.

personally' date=' i think the attacks on her looks and body were unwarranted and really petty. she look fine to me.

her performance, however, was abysmal. almost sad. i just felt bad for her. [/quote']

I totally agree and personally think she looks great.

I don't think she looks bad, but comapratively to what she looked like before... she does not.

Beer belly?? c'mon.

She looks like a normal average woman. And she has recently had two babies. It wouldn't take much work to get a bit more buff.

In the 50s that would have been considered sexy. Unfortunately, today a "normal" (i.e. for a celebrity) looking woman's body is an almost anorexic looking one. You gotta give it to her for having the guts to go out there looking like that.

I've never quite gotten the obsession with 6 packs on women (although my step-daughter has one). As Spider Robinson put it, I don't see why the sexual fixation on a body type that says either a) I have no physical appetites or B) I have almost inhuman restraint.

I thought it was a most entertaining trainwreck and I do not feel sorry for her. With $700,000 coming in per month she hardly needs to work. Having fired everyone around her and estranged herself from her family, she set herself up for failure. Apparently MTV demanded that she behave herself while in Vegas to ensure a winning opening segment. Brit Brit chose to party into the wee hours every night she was there. She showed up to rehearsals hours late with a frozen margarita in her hand. Ding dang, y'all!

Hell, remember Nigel Tufnel, when he discovered backstage that the caterers provided pieces of bread that did not fit the deli meat? And that one olive had a pimento and the other didn't? He said "I'm a professional, I shall rise above it" and then he rocked the fuck out of Toledo, or wherever.

And while I don't think by any normal standard Britney looked in bad shape, by Hollywood standards she was a mess. Her entire demeanour was definitely disconcerting.

One interesting biz-related fall-out regarding this has to do with California mega-reps The Firm, and Brian is correct to point out that ultimately it is your hired reps that must take some blame in the end. From foxnews.com:

There will be a lot of finger-pointing Monday as Spears’ flabby, bloated, incoherent showing is dissected over and over.

But the real person to blame has to be Spears’ newish manager, Jeff Kwatinetz of The Firm.

Kwatinetz has already had a very bad year, nearly killing the career of original “American Idol†star Kelly Clarkson by letting her — or rather encouraging her — to buck the advice of Clive Davis and release a terrible album against his wishes.

What followed was a series of public embarrassments including the cancellation of Clarkson’s tour and her firing of Kwatinetz. The album, "My December," went on to sell a fraction of the number Clarkson had sold previously.

Now with Spears’ tanking live on international television, insiders will no doubt question Kwatinetz’s ability to manage anything.

The reverberations could be serious. For the better part of this year, Kwatinetz’s partner, Rick Yorn, who manages top stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz among other actors, has been negotiating to leave The Firm. Yorn should have plenty of incentive to exit now. The only question is where he will go with his clients.

But more importantly: When Yorn goes, The Firm’s unraveling could turn out to be the biggest story of the year.

Ding dang, y'all!