Jambands.ca

Beasties Fans - Dress Sharp!

AD

Beastie Boys Demand That You Dress Sharp At Their Shows

Tuesday September 18, 2007 @ 05:30 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Whatever parent feared the death of proper teen attire with the rise of mop-tops in the '60s and baggy jeans in the early '90s can now relax. The Beastie Boys want them to look sharp.

In a statement released by Capitol Records, the group have asked fans attending their "gala events" in support of the recently released The Mix-Up to dress nicely.

"we have asked that people dress up for the gala events, and while some of you have taken the time to dress up nice, others are pretending that you are hobos," says the predominantly lower-case message. "if you are coming to a gala event, don't dress up like box-car-johnney.

"don a suit, or a tux, or a dress, or something that says 'ooh i'm looking fancy' or 'i look quite smart.' Leave your crappy t-shirt and jeans at home, it's not that kind of party. and when we see you dressed up all nice, we will be friends again."

The group have even been so nice as to provide a link to images showing fans dressed "appropriately" for their shows on their website.

The Beastie Boys' four Canadian shows are being opened by Chromeo, Montreal's fashion-conscious synth-funk duo who've just been asked to collaborate on the next Hall And Oates album and will be the subject of the Stylin' feature in the next issue of Chart. You can see the Beastie Boys and Chromeo here:

* Sept. 19 Montreal, QC @ Metropolis (gala event)

* Sept. 20 Montreal, QC @ Bell Centre

* Sept. 21 Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre

* Sept. 22 Toronto, ON @ Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (gala event)

What a shitty state of rock'n'roll. We've got Ryan Adams fans begging other fans to be on their best behaviour so as not to upset the artist and now the Beastie Boys want to impose a formal dress code. Fuck this noise.

And enjoy the shows.

hey there stick in the mud... :P

i think it's awesome personally and not an imposition. they are playing 2 nights in every city. you can either go to the Dress Up show or go to the other show. i think it's gonna be grand to have metropolis all glitzed up for this event.

if genesis asked you to dress up you'd do it right? hehehe

Well I can't see the stuffy Hummingbird being as fun as the Metropolis, but it will still be better by far than the Air Canada Centre. If I were in Toronto I would definitely hit the Gala show.

As to percentages, I can't say for sure as I was a wee bit intoxicated, so to speak. But I'm guessing 60/40.