Jambands.ca

Zeitgeist

Ms.Huxtable

My apologies if this has been discussed already.

I watched Zeitgeist a couple days ago and it freaked me right the fack out. I can not stop thinking about it. I even stayed awake for hours last night mulling over the contents of that film in my head.

Has anyone else seen this? What did you think?

If you haven't seen it, watch it.

Freaked you out?

I tend to figure people ignore me when I post on here but to reiterate, I am on the fence...It's either going to be interesting to watch this all happen to us or it's going to be interesting to see people rise up and fight their own governments and countrymen in a worldwide civil war.

Are we going to be under somebody's thumb or are we going to bite that fucker back?

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

It'll really make a lot of people rethink their understanding of God and Authority. Not so much freaky...but definitely flooring in many ways.

Zeitgeist lays out 'facts' and we don't know how reliable the sources are. With the facts that they list concerning 9-11 and the way the towers fell, or how there was no plane debris at the pentagon nor in the PA field, I wonder why this hasn't been sorted out.

I have a hard time believing facts on both sides of the story. I wish Magnum P.I. would take the case.

As a historian, Zeitgeist bugged me on a variety of levels, but primarily in the department UNSOURCED REFERENCING. Sure he gives us the books that he based this on but these books are in and of themselves a collection of large and in part of conspiracy theories and unfounded "truths"

Part 1 is fun to watch and does contain some facts, but is a stretch from the perspective of connecting the dots on all major religions. The Mithras stuff is bang on and is the basis for many Christan rituals. Part 2 is Loose Change lite, and conspiracy central. I am more and more convinced that the whole story on that one is not out yet (especially on Building 7 and the Pentagon) but the fact of the matter is IT'S STILL ALL WILD SPECULATION! Part 3 is fascinating but errorious as shit and a hard pill to swallow. First the Masons, the Illuminati and finally the Bankers?

I tell why I liked it though. It does spark the IMAGINATION as to what COULD be happening but again, as a historian, I'll wait until the hard evidence shows up (and trust me, 9 out of 10 times it usually does) and go back to listening to AM Coast to Coast after midnight.

Part 3 is fascinating but errorious as shit and a hard pill to swallow.

As a linguist, errorious bugged me on a variety of levels,

I believe, by that egregious error, you meant erroneous.

I trust, also, that you know I jest and am just poking you with a sharp stick.

Sharon, I'll take your freaked-out word on this one and watch it soon.