Jambands.ca

Trey with Phil tonight!!

Kanada Kev

The show wasn't a sellout either ... anyone could get in (with $$ that is )

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2007/10/22/news/latest/doc471cd60f62dff394717956.txt

Phil Lesh draws Civic Center's largest crowd this fall

Updated: Monday, October 22, 2007 12:57 PM EDT

GLENS FALLS — Attendance at the Phil Lesh and Friends concert at the Glens Falls Civic Center on Saturday was "close to 4,000," Suzanna Bernd, the arena’s executive director said.

Bernd said it was the second largest attendance so far on the band’s fall tour that began Sept. 22 in California.

The promoter was pleased with the attendance and experience, and is open to promoting future concerts at the Civic Center, she said.

Seating capacity for the Phil Lesh concert was about 5,000, Bernd said.

Advertisement

Though the event did not sell out, the attendance was the highest of concerts at the Civic Center this fall.

Amy Grant drew only 1,050 people to an Oct. 13 concert with the Glens Falls Symphony at the Civic Center.

-- Maury Thompson

Edited by Guest

We just finished the listening to the first set and one thing came immediately to mind.......again.

Who else thinks Trey needs to hire John Molo immediately? Look no further than the jam inside of Bird Song (pass the vocals/harmonies if you can because Hux imitates Phil better on this song better than Phil sings it). Oh, and listening to Bertha, Trey sounds like he hasnt sung in front of people in a while. Either he isnt sure of the words or is really tepid aside from the "test me test me.......throw me in the jailhouse....." lines. Haha.

And he fires inside of Deal and Bertha. He and Larry got it going on. Great stuff so far. I cant wait to hear this second set. Let's hope Phil throws a soundboard up of this and the Red Rocks show. Funny enough, that is all I have heard from this tour. Looks like its a doozy. Get on the road because I am too old.

Jackie was supposedly pretty sick, so it may not have been him .... but it could have been .

I really enjoyed listening to the show at work today, but i need to hear it louder (or with the headphones on).

I thought Trey was sounding fantastic (on guitar). His vocals were pretty week, and in combo with Phil it's almost a little comical, but all in good fun. I did take a run at Bar 17 the other day and was surprised at how bad his vocals are on that and how poorly produced it is.

I sure hope that Phil drops this one down to us as a soundboard too ... would love to really crank it up and get in the groove.

Well, we just heard that Viola Lee-Cumberland Big Mac sandwich and Plasma is on. I swear, if Jackie Greene can get up that high in his harmonies I want to sleep with him because it aint no one else in the band unless its the Particle dude and I doubt that.

Edit to add:

Unbroken Chain jam? Awesome. Wicked version. This is a ridiculous show and I havent even heard the Dark Star madness yet. It's coming up on CD3.

I sure hope that Phil drops this one down to us as a soundboard too ... would love to really crank it up and get in the groove.

soundboard is available - $9.99 for mp3s and $15.99 for FLACS. look's like no more free stuff. I can't really find fault in that - he's just doing what everyone else is doing.

Actually, it's just available for pre-order now.

(Panic for example, will sell you actual CDs via the mail and they have the gall to charge you extra if you want to download the MP3s immediately. That, I do have issues with.)