Jambands.ca

vinyl question

h

ok so we have been clearing out my grandmothers house this weekend, and came across the age old problem of my grandfathers album collection.

My grandfather was a total audiophile and had an entire room upstairs for his album library - I dont know if there is much rock - but jazz, blues, country, comedy bluegrass is in there - every album in mint condition. The classical section alone would make you faint.

I have no idea what to do with them. (though i havent done any research yet - this is the first time i've asked so far)

Anybody have an idea where one would find audiophiles would would like to get their hands on a collection like this?

You might try stopping by your local big-box newsstand (e.g., Chapters) and seeing if there are any audiophile magazines (I used to read "Stereo Review" [which also contained record as well as equipment reviews] but I don't think it's around anymore), and see if there are ads in the back from dealers/collectors looking for records.

Aloha,

Brad

Guest Low Roller

Why not keep them and listen to them? I'm sure there are some great records in there. If you're intent on unloading them, I would definitely try and price them first.

How to price vinyl I have no idea... probably head to an antique store and ask the owner.

Goldmine magizine is a great resource for vinyl,I collect it myself and used to sell them across Canada.

I may interested in some of those,(blues mostly)

Check out Goldmine,maybe some of it is worth a good buck.I found an Rare version of Bob Dylan's Freewheelin album with four extra songs,now worth $1500,but sealed it would grab over $4000 US.So don't get rid of those without checking them out a bit deeper.

Goldmine Grading system

Esau13

umm. [big Grin]

thanks boys - i'll let you know for sure what the plan is when the plan is formed. If i can value then open house it - i'll be happy to. Its not just up to me though. but i'll keep you posted. thanks for the good advice!

Archived