Jambands.ca

George Harrison passed away on this day 6 years ago (11/29/2001)

TimmyB

I awoke to watch the 'Concert for George' on DVD today in rememberance of the great George Harrison.

At the moment I'm watching the Billy Preston and Eric Clapton version of "Isn't it a Pity." To which

Clapton said this of "Isn't it a Pity" in the film "The ones like, I'm attracted to most of all are the ones that are just innocent. Really songs from the heart. "Give Me Love" and "Isn't it a Pity" song of that ilk that I love the most because they are just straight forward love songs. Spiritual love songs. "Isn't it a Pity" I think is probably one of his finest."

I was unfortunately unable to attend the 'Concert for George,' that happened on the one year anniversary of Harrison's passing, though I did try and get tickets for that one. I was lucky enough to attend the 'Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007' this past July 28, 2007 where I was able to hear Clapton perform "Isn't it a Pity."

I believe after the 'Concert for George' I will put on 'the Concert for Bangladesh' and maybe even the newly released on DVD 'Help' today.

Miss you George.

Peace and Love,

Tim

From www.billboard.com

THIS DAY IN MUSIC

November 29

2001 - Following a battle with cancer that began in 1998, Beatles' lead guitarist George Harrison dies from his ailment at the age of 58.

yup we watched concert for bangladesh the other day and our little girl was dancing around like crazy to Wah-Wah & My Sweet Lord

great musician greater human being

I'm watching 'the Concert for Bangladesh' as I post this. What a night of music for such a great cause.

Tim