Jambands.ca

Ovechkin signs!

Guest Low Roller

Ok, I thought Badams was kidding with his post but HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

I dont even know what to say right now. I am going to have to let this one sink in but I do know one thing. AD is in the running for Player Of The Week in Rich Stadium.

That seems like way too much money for too many years based on the way he plays. Think Pavel Bure. I mean, what is he going to be doing when he is 30?

Wow ... what's next? This is getting crazy. I thought the CBA was going to keep things under control!? This is going to turn into a league for megalomaniac billionaires to cock-fight one another. Should be fun to sit back and watch.

Bettman will sneak out the back door before the big collapse like the rat he is.

NOW is the time to sell MLSE to that billionaire who's actually interested. I don't want my wife's pension squandered :D

The return of the Dave Semenko era is just around the corner imo... just gotta get rid of the instigator. If only to protect these long term prospects... and to make the game hell more fun to watch. Otherwise knee's will be popping like orville reddenbacker in a few years.

Nice to be back at the computer... I like bands that jam. :content:

• 1 month later...
Guest Low Roller

Sidney who? I know he's been injured for a while now, but even if he were playing I think that Ovie and Malkin have established themselves as the top players in the league. Throw in Lecavalier to that list.

Sidney who? I know he's been injured for a while now, but even if he were playing I think that Ovie and Malkin have established themselves as the top players in the league. Throw in Lecavalier to that list.

Ovie and Malkin are two great talents but Sid is right up there with them and I have no doubt would be leading the league in scoring if he wasn't hurt.

This is a special time in the NHL right now. There are quite a few young talented players out there. Very fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...
Ovechkin is so compelling that one cable network is betting viewers will want to watch nothing but him when the Capitals host Calgary on Wednesday night.

While the game will air in a regular format on Comcast SportsNet, another channel, CSN+, will broadcast the game in a split-screen format with a camera trained solely on Ovechkin — even when he's sitting on the bench.

"Maybe I shave," said Ovechkin, who's recently been sporting a scraggly beard. "It will be good. It will fun to watch after the game what I do. A new experience for me. It will be interesting."

Not everyone is gung-ho about the "OvechKam." Capitals owner Ted Leonsis is a marketing whiz who will usually take any positive publicity he can get, but he's not so sure about this.

"I'll be honest. I don't like it," Leonsis said. "I think hockey is the most team-oriented sport. Alex is one of the guys. Alex wants team achievements, not individual achievements. But this is the entertainment industry and entertainment business, and I think the fans just love every moment that he's on the ice.

"It's a big game. We have to win. And I don't want it to become 'The Truman Show,' the Alex Ovechkin show. We want him to play within himself."