Jambands.ca

Coachella

Swan

I've found this announcement on the coachella bb. I don't know if its accurate but if it is, it looks pretty darn good!

Friday

Jack Johnson, The Verve, Racounters, Breeders, Fatboy Slim, Tegan and Sara, Madness, Swell Season, The NAtional, Animal Collective, Slightly Stoupid, Mum, Peendulum, Sharon Jones, Stars, Battles, Aesop Roc, MIdnight Juggernauts, Does it Offend you yeah?, Minus the BEar, Spank Rock, Dan le sac vs Scrombium pin, Diplo, Adam Freeland, Santo Gold, Jens Tokman, John Butter Trio, Vampire Weekend, Dan Deaon, Architecture in Helsinki, Sandra Collins, Busy P, Cut Copy, Black Lips, Datarock, Proffesor Murder, Reverend and the Makers, The Bees, Porter, Rogue Wave, Modeselektor, American GAng, Lucky I AM

Saturday

Portishead, Kraftwerk, Death cab For curite, Cafe Tacvba, Sasha and digweed, Rilo Kiley, Dwight Yoakam, M.I.A., Hot CHip, Cold War Kids, Stephen Malkmus, DEvotchka, Floggin Molly, Mark Ronson, Turbonegro, Scars On Brodway, Islands, Enter Shikari, Calvin HArris, Boyz Noise, Junke Xl, Cinematic Orchstra, Jamie t, The Teenagers, VHS or Beta, Garbon/Silicon, Erol Alkan, Yo Majesty, Little Brother, Bonde Do Role, St. Vincent, Akron Family, MGMT, Institubes DJS, Surkin, Orgasmic, James Zbiola, SEbastiAn, Kavinsky, Dready, The Birds and the Bees, Grand Ole party, New Young Pony, 120 Days, Yoav, Electrick Touch, UFFIE

Sunday

Roger Waters, Love and Rockets, My Morning Jacket, Spiritualized, Justice, Gogol Bordello, Chromeo, The Streets, Metric, Danny Tenaglia, Simian Mobile Disco, Booka Shade, Murs, Dimitri From Paris, Autolux, The Field, Lintop Kwesi Johnson, Les Savy Fab, The cool Kids, Sons and Daghters, Sia, Holy Fuck, Black Kuls, Black Mountain, The Animals, Kid Sister feat. A TRak, Mon Man, Duffy, Im From Barcelona, Manchester Orchestra, Deadmau5, The horrors, Austin TV, Shoout out Lods, Plastiscenes, Brett Dennen

weaksauce. (that lineup is legit, btw, except for all the spelling mistakes (john butter trio, death cab for curite, hahaha) - it's posted at coachella.com)

nice to see the verve back playing. stephen malkmus, breeders, islands, portishead, kraftwerk, the bees, mmj, spiritualized, holy fuck are pretty much the only bands i know that i'd want to see on that lineup. but i guess most of the fun is seeing new stuff

and to those of you who laughed at the dwight yoakam rumour from a few weeks ago, well, he's confirmed.

also, jack johnson headlining a a night over anyone? please

I saw Love & Rockets once back in '89 and it was a really good show. I imagine that they are still capable of pulling off a good performance.

but that would be like watching Ringo Star's All Star band when John, Paul and George were there sitting sidestage.

Im a huge fan and love both Love & Rockets and Bauhaus and have seen both a few times as well as Tones on Tail and solo Murphy. For me, you have to have Peter Murphy there especially since, as Irie Guy points out, they are releasing their first studio album in 25 years in March!

• 2 months later...