Jambands.ca

IPOD?

c-towns

you should be able to use iTunes... don't remember exactly how but have done it for someone... not to say it wasn't a pain in the ass doing it... but it got done (maybe there's a better way, you'd hope so)

loaded a bunch of tunes onto someone's cheap-ass mp3 player over the weekend... plug usb jack into tower, drag and drop from one folder to the other... so easy, so fast

too bad most cheap-ass mp3 players are so damn ugly & clunky to use

you don't need anything special c-towns.

in itunes under the file menu you can either 'add file to library' or 'add folder to library' and select the mp3s you want added into your itunes.

once you've done that, create a new playlist and drag whatever songs you want on your ipod into it from your library.

plug in your ipod. a new little screen appears asking you what playlists you would like added. click away.

oh I have another I pod Q... I want to make a playlist that will not be shuffled. Do I just take the 'playlist' songs off I tunes?? I have no clue :D

On the left hand side at the bottom, you'll see some funky symbols of arrows and x's. Hover over them. One of them that looks like an x made out of arrows is a button to turn shuffle on or off.

I've noticed problems with either dragging or adding multiple files to iTunes. There seems to be a limit of tunes I can add at one time. I may be retarded, but this is what happens and my workaround.

If I have a folder of say 24 tunes, I'll drag all of the files to "Music Library" node in iTunes. I see the little "+" icon so that means it's okay to drop.

I'll drop and nothing happens. I check my "recently added songs" smart playlist and still nothing. So I'll just drag over 10 and iTunes starts processing them. I do another 10 and then the last 4. Everything seems fine, but annoying.

There can't be a limit. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.