Jambands.ca

What's the BEST cell phone plan/company ?

bONES

I've been with Telus for the last 7 years.

My phones have always been crappy.

Anytime I have wanted to upgrade to a better phone they try to charge me a $25 fee (which I fight and threaten to go elsewhere before they finally give in).

My phone bills are at least $100/month (usually more).

Anyway, I haven't had a contract with them since June/07 and I'm finally going to stop the procrastination and go with another company.

I'd love a better phone, with better customer service and a bill that's cut in half.

Any recommendations?

$100 a month, man I guess I really don't use mine very much, I'm with Telus also, but its a pay-as-go. I've never used over $50 a month ($25-30 on average) and my phone seem to work anywhere (eg: ghosttown, on a boat in the middle of Buckhorn lake etc).

Sorry I'm not much help man, I'm just sorta surprised because I thought Telus was alright (this is my first cell basically) & thought I was spending a lot of money on mine. I guess I won't bother trying a contract deal afterall if iot cost that much.

my cell is my only phone and I use it for my job..a LOT!

my work pays me $50/month for my phone, so I am hoping to get it down to that much on my bill.

I'm not sure I'll find any company that will allow me unlimited calls during the week and free on weekends all for $50/month

thought I'd check to see if any of you had some sweet deal I was unaware of..thanks for replying

do a google search for Rogers and redflagdeals. THey always have a gig that'll tell you the top plans with Rogers.

I like them myself. They're all expensive in Canada (although bandwidth is about to be sold off and then there should be a lot more competition).

With Rogers you can get incoming free plans, and you can get Rogers to Rogers plans that are free to/from any Rogers wireless OR home phon - and a lot more people are Rogers home phoning now a days I think (at least I am).

I also pay $5 for 1000cdn LD minutes which helps.

g'luck

Whatever you do DONT go with rogers... they will Fuck up your bill to no end. I have to call them literally every single month because i am overcharged they fix it tell me it will never happen again and it Always does. The ycant explain to me why these massive fuckups keep happening but they do, and thier customer service is horrible anytime you call be prepared to wait and be transferred multiple times. I HATE ROGERS sooo MUCH, sorry i kinda went off there. God i hate rogers

I would have to ask you what services you want because you can get a great plan and have more time than you'll ever need for about $75.

1000 minutes LD $5

Roadside assistance $5

Voicemail, call waiting, call display, and a bunch of text messages $10

unlimited calling to your 5 top numbers $5

(there's $25 right there. if you don't want anything at all you'll spend about $45 for a worthwhile plan)

Get a plan with free evenings and weekends that start early. 700 daytime minutes - $45

This is Rogers Pricing.

I've heard a lot of people complain about Rogers but I've had nothing but great experiences with Rogers. They always help me when they/I fuck up and like to credit my account to keep me happy.

I would presume the crazy shouting fools get no help.

If you want to shop around for the cheapest buyout rate, Rogers just recently upped theirs to $400 instead of $200 for 3 year contracts.