Jambands.ca

Earth Hour

Ms.Huxtable

On March 29th millions of people around the world will turn out their lights between 8 and 9 p.m. to mark Earth Hour.

Created to take a stand against the greatest threat our planet has ever faced, Earth Hour uses the simple action of turning off the lights for one hour to deliver a powerful message about the need for action on global warming. This simple act has captured the hearts and minds of people all over the world.

The World Wildlife Fund (WWF) in Sydney, Australia pioneered Earth Hour in 2007, with more than 2 million residents taking part, including 2,000 businesses. The initiative resulted in a 10 per cent reduction in demand on the electrical grid, and a reduction of 24.86 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions - the equivalent of taking almost 50,000 cars off the road for an hour. In 2008, cities around the world are joining the effort, including Chicago, Toronto Ottawa and Copenhagen.

The website.

I love it when holes get poked in my cynicism!

I like it when my holes get poked' date=' too. ;)[/quote']

Thats was Dirrrrrrrrrrty.........hahaa

I'm gona do it from 8pm till the next day at 8:00am...oh yeah hows about that...kickin it up a notch. Dare you to try it too..... ;)

I love it when holes get poked in my cynicism!

I like it when my holes get poked' date=' too. ;)[/quote']

Thats was Dirrrrrrrrrrty.........hahaa

I'm gona do it from 8pm till the next day at 8:00am...oh yeah hows about that...kickin it up a notch. Dare you to try it too..... ;)

You can do it for twelve hours? WTF? Why haven't we met?