Jambands.ca

So, nero and Jomomma in Hamilton anyone??

shainhouse

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yabba dabba do, lookin' forward to this one ... haven't seen either band in a while ... can't wait to groove to some phat bass lines ... and for those of you that don't already have it, make sure you pick up a copy of nero's new live disc called "soon" (or is it "SoOn"???) ... crank up the volume and fasten your seatbelt!

Peace, Mark

I don't know dude... I'd pay $10 to be honest with you. Trust me, you'll want to be at this show. I really can't say any more. nero's new album "soon" will be available at the show, along with other fine nero merchandise. Get yourself a copy, it's worth the money. The "Darius" alone is worth the money. Guelph the night before should kick ass as well. I got a big bag full of give'r ready for this weekend. Rumour has it some of the so-called Ottawa Death Squad are coming to party on our turf... Time to show you how it's done - The Sloth, I'm looking in your direction...

quote:

Originally posted by shitidiot:

quote:

I'm just not sure I need another night of pedal-wanking guitar. Don't bands write songs anymore?

well i geuss i'll never see you at a dead,phish,garage mahal or any other wanking guitar jam band. thank you

Wow, that's a terrible comparison. In fact, these are the exact examples I would have used to illustrate bands that do write songs. Jerry was never a pedal-wanker. You should be spanked for suggesting such a thing. [smile] Trey has certainly had his times as a pedal-wanker but has also completely established his ability to play the instrument without all the supporting effects. At one Nero show another spectator and a completely established guitarist, who shall remain nameless, leaned over to me and said, "Do you think he could play that guitar without all those effects?" It got me wondering...

In some ways, you could say that a song has a beginning, a middle, and an end. Although, I'd imagine that the beginning of a Nero song is the first guitar-loop layer and the end is when the last pedal is turned off. So, maybe a song has to have a middle? This is a brilliant philosophical question.

The trancey no words bands aren't my fav either but I have seen many Nero shows and have enjoyed every one of them. I too prefer songs that tell some kind of story(with words). That does not mean I don't appreciate instrumentals 'cause I do. And, I am quite sure the dude from Nero can play the guitar without effects...little harsh Willy [smile]

Was just a question Wil,I could care less if you enjoy nero or not,really I dont give a shit.My question had nothing to do with them.

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

You want me to define structure now though don't you?

No I do not need an explanation about structure,I am not an idiot.I also play a few intsruments remember.

Just a question,why so defensive?(this is a retorical statement,want I explain that?) [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by Esau13:

Was just a question Wil,I could care less if you enjoy nero or not,really I dont give a shit.My question had nothing to do with them.

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

You want me to define structure now though don't you?

No I do not need an explanation about structure,I am not an idiot.I also play a few intsruments remember.

Just a question,why so defensive?(this is a retorical statement,want I explain that?) [Roll Eyes]

Hey Esau, I only took it as a question. In fact, my comment about structure was meant to be me thinking out loud. Trying to define what a song is led me to structure which left me wondering how to define structure. I'm fully aware and most appreciative of your prowess with a guitar.

I know you don't give a shit about whether I like Nero but you've got to admit it's a bit of a cult following around here and people really seem to get their backs up about Nero.

quote:

Originally posted by megrocker:

quote:

I do not need an explanation about structure,I am not an idiot.I also play a few intsruments remember.

So why did you ask Will to define a song? We all own dictionaries...

Lyrics are not the issue...

I was asking,what he thought constitutes a song,just his opinion,nothing more.Where was I asking for a definition?

As stated in my post:

quote:

Just a question

What does a dictionary have to do with someones opinion anyway? [Confused]

la la la la la [Wink]

I don't really see the point of slaggin a show before the show has even happened... if I don't like a band $2 or free is too much to pay so what do I care how much the show costs

on the topic of trancier bands, each to their own, its dance music... if you go to an electronica show and stand at the back you likely won't get into it... like a good Dead show, dance bands play off the energy of the room... seems to me "space/drums" at a dead show is a little hard to define in terms of beginning, middle and end as well

personally, I'm really lookin forward to cuttin some floor and being a part of the music [big Grin][big Grin]

c ya there!!!

quote:

I know you don't give a shit about whether I like Nero but you've got to admit it's a bit of a cult following around here and people really seem to get their backs up about Nero.

Yeah I see your point bro, I myself like em because I love crazy guitar,have for years.

Is why I asked about your thoughts on a song and not nero though,because to each there own.

All good.

Archived