Jambands.ca

So, nero and Jomomma in Hamilton anyone??

shainhouse

Esau: I though it was a interesting exercise to try and define a song. I'm not sure I can do it with words. I can name bands that do have songs and ones who don't but I can't think about how to describe the difference with words.

Paisly: That's what makes you the beautiful soul that you are.

As was previously quoted on Jambands (I wish I remembered the source), maybe I "should just keep popping pills until the music sounds good."

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, maybe to bring this back on track to shainhouse's initial intentions, I am going to try to make it to this show a little later in the evening so I do hope Nero plays real late. Laurie and I have a friend who is throwing herself a going-away party before heading on cruiseline job for a year so we're definitely doing that before anything else. But I do want to try to sneak away to PJC because I have a crush on gentlemonkey. He's dreamy.

quote:

Originally posted by megrocker:

Come on Will! Conformity is necessary! You have no choice but to LOVE NERO! LOVE NERO! LOVE THEM I tell you!

you got it Megrocker!

but seriously folks...

its like "Everybody Loves Raymond"... I don't like it, so I don't watch it... but I don't mind if someone else does

I'm sure there is something else good going on in town and we can all have a great night wherever we are

cult following? I guess if thats what you call it when you go see one of your favorite bands every time they come to town (isn't this still jambands.ca) [Wink]

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

Esau: I though it was a interesting exercise to try and define a song. I'm not sure I can do it with words. I can name bands that do have songs and ones who don't but I can't think about how to describe the difference with words.

I agree,I was wondering about what you thought the make up of a song was and you explained it,maybe constitues was the wrong word,but oh well.

We should play some music somtime my friend,been awhile since we chilled out with the guitars.

quote:

Originally posted by MarcO:

I am going to try to make it to this show a little later in the evening so I do hope Nero plays real late. Laurie and I have a friend who is throwing herself a going-away party before heading on cruiseline job for a year so we're definitely doing that before anything else.

Thank you Marc0,I almost forgot about that,I promised I would make it to this party since I missed her last one.

ps.We'll fight between the party & PJC. [Wink]

Paisley: I'm sure a conversation about Bush or Hitler would inspire this type of debate yet I'd be hard pressed to admire either of them.

A private party for a friend you say? I love private parties: I only wish I had some friends. Just joking of course: I love her dearly, will miss her immensly, and wouldn't miss the party for Nero/Phish seamless sets at Sax on George.

This is one band (nero) that my good friend Wi!!y and I have agreed to disagree on for a while now.

I love you Wi!!y - you have a fantastic ear for music that I respect, a mind of your own, and a big heart.

I also love nero and think they absolutely blaze with the best of them.

Sure I wish that my buddy Wi!!y could get the same huge buzz from every band that I get it from - but hey, it doesn't always happen. It's a good thing there are lots of great bands out there that we both agree on!

Life is grand when there are so many awesome bands and musicians out there that I can enjoy with my friends.

Peace, Mark

I may have been the "popping pills till it sounds good" person yopu're referring to. I may also be one who stands in the guitar-wankers circle where Nero's concerned. I think Dave's a really good guitar player, just that he wouldn't sound as good in the acoustic set.

But yeah, what he said about to each his own.

from www.dictionary.com

song ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sông, sng)

n. Music.

A brief composition written or adapted for singing.

sing ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sng)

Music.

To utter a series of words or sounds in musical tones.

To vocalize songs or selections.

To perform songs or selections as a trained or professional singer.

To produce sounds when played: made the violin sing.

Sorry to interrupt, but Paul has a prior engagement that has only until now been overlooked. We apologize and hope to see you all very soon. However, Second Tube, I am going anyway...don't forget the ironing board...

Oh yeah, we are still playing tuesday's (tonight) at Brando's in Brantford if you'd like to make the trip.

Jomomma

ahhhh...jay.

it still matter...

but 6-8 dollars is still reasonable for nero.

boys from Jomo, what happened?

last we talked, this gig was on...are ya playing elsewhere, and if so, where? Near Hamilton?

Hope to hear from ya, gimme an email if ya read this, i'm pretty sure you guys are rocking the east right now....thats good, those kidz down there need some funk!

Archived