Jambands.ca

Any ZZ Top fans who can shed some light?

StoneMtn

I love ZZ Top; especially live. The last chance I had to see them has to have been more than 15 years ago in Ottawa, and I always swore I'd see them again the next chance I got.

Now, I see they are coming to Toronto, but it's a show with "Brooks and Dunn" ??? These guys are apparently the undisputed "Kings of linedancing".

Okay, so I need to know... Is this going to be a double-bill, or is ZZ Top actually on stage with these guys? If it's a double-bill, I'd probably go and just try to miss the B and D set, but I cannot find any write-up online about this, so I am left with a fear that it will really be ZZ Top backing up Brooks and Dunn on stage.

Help! Someone tell me it ain't so!

I can't imagine it would be a collaborative concert. Look for a double-bill. I don't find anything offensive about Brooks & Dunn either. They ain't my bag, but I've seen live footage of them on TV shows and concert clips and they seem to put on a good live show.

I can't say I've ever heard B and D, actually.

I saw them interviewed on Strombo's show. They are pretty liberal-political and quite thought-provoking; the interview left me really impressed. I saw them perform on Leno a little while ago and they were pretty darn good. They are a dash of old country, young country and southern-tinged rock.

I seen Brooks and Dunn back in the early ninties with a girl I was dating & her father, he was the fan & bought the tickets. Personally, I'd skip their show, unless of course you enjoy the whole pop-country drivel that is called country music now-a-days.

[color:red][edit]

They are Canadian though so I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks & Dunn were the headliners.

Actually, Brooks & Dunn are American.

Edited by Guest

They are Canadian though so I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks & Dunn were the headliners.

They ain't Canadian, I tell you whut. I just re-watched The Hour interview and they ain't that liberal either - like I originally thought. But they are honest, likable and best of all, open-minded.

The Hour:

What's all the loyalty towards the aged ZZ Top anyways? They are pretty stationary and static on stage, plus they jumped the shark creatively and commercially when videos from Eliminator dominated MTV. The last important record they did was Degüello, released back in 1979. Old Aerosmith vs New Aerosmith? How about Old ZZ Top vs New ZZ Top with their 80's video image, brand and over-produced albums?

Let the bullets fly.

Gibbons' band at the time, the Moving Sidewalks, had a local hit with the song "99th Floor." They soon opened on the Doors' Texas tour. After later opening for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Hendrix named Gibbons his favorite guitar player during an appearance on "The Tonight Show With Johnny Carson."

Hendrix knew his stuff. Billy Gibbons is one of the great blues/rock players.

I saw ZZ at the Moncton Speedway in 98.

I had to move back from the stage, becuase they were playing so loud that my eyes were shaking.

I assume it's a double bill, go see B and D for the cheese aspect, have a laugh, then enjoy some Zed Zed.