Jambands.ca

Advertising on nature trails? WTF!?!

Schwa.

erection.intelligence.monument

My brain came to a halt at that for awhile.

Why is it that the Egg board is the first pilot advertiser do you think?

Toronto is mulling over the notion of selling advertising rights to its parks, subway and streetcar stops

What does this exactly mean?

On that tangent...I was in a workshop this weekend with an artist intending on doing a series of paintings (not just pretty little landscapes...good stuff)related to land areas in Ontario and having the "gallery" be the billboards,plasma screens etc on streetcars and at subway stops/stations.

erection.intelligence.monument

My brain came to a halt at that for awhile.

Toronto is mulling over the notion of selling advertising rights to its parks, subway and streetcar stops

What does this exactly mean?

On that tangent...I was in a workshop this weekend with an artist intending on doing a series of paintings (not just pretty little landscapes...good stuff)related to land areas in Ontario and having the "gallery" be the billboards,plasma screens etc on streetcars and at subway stops/stations.

Why is it that the Egg board is the first pilot advertiser do you think?

it's gotta be an effort to appease with some kind of healthy food choice but really comes off as very targetted marketing.

Edited by Guest

Seems like there is a need for more funding for the nature trails. It's gotta come from somewhere' date=' no?[/quote']

But is this the best solution, really? Seems other towns somehow manage their budgets so as to not have to resort to this.

No doubt. At least leave the advertising game in the hands of private enterprise. Gov. should definitely regulate it and not allow it in those public spaces that have a significance to a majority of voters.

Take the poll ;)

geomouse, I agree. It just seems like most are ready to write this off as a terrible idea before considering the alternatives, or even the need for alternatives.

Personally it would not bother me to see it on a paved nature trail. I suppose its a matter of significance of the space to those using it. But some would mind, a lot. I'm pretty interested to see how it rolls out.

to my knowledge, Walter Bean is the longest trail and unpaved. Go ahead and markup RIM trail all you want, it's fully ugly anyway and nowhere near "nature" as its in a preplanned sports "park" but leave Walter Bean alone, it runs along the river and has great scenery and tons of wildlife.

:(

you'd think that even donation boxes would be able to make $2500 over the course of the year, with the right cajoling (and maybe a scantily clad Schwa showing some thigh, encouraging the women and menfolk to ante up)

Perhaps with the promise of NOT being there next time they show up :)

to my knowledge, Walter Bean is the longest trail and unpaved. Go ahead and markup RIM trail all you want, it's fully ugly anyway and nowhere near "nature" as its in a preplanned sports "park" but leave Walter Bean alone, it runs along the river and has great scenery and tons of wildlife.

:(

Maybe you could stand at the side of the parking lot at RIM and just offer 'rimming' and if you get any refusals then suggest they 'take the poll' ;)

to my knowledge' date=' Walter Bean is the longest trail and unpaved. Go ahead and markup RIM trail all you want, it's fully ugly anyway and nowhere near "nature" as its in a preplanned sports "park" but leave Walter Bean alone, it runs along the river and has great scenery and tons of wildlife.

:([/quote']

Maybe you could stand at the side of the parking lot at RIM and just offer 'rimming' and if you get any refusals then suggest they 'take the poll' ;)

Can't, security already has my picture on file ;)