Jambands.ca

Rollcall: The REAL give'r party @40 Main-Sat!

Hux

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

use guys have a good ole time today... im doin my thing with Lisa down here at the Grape and Wine festival in St Catherines... funny story, im sittin in Lisa's freinds apartment around 1 pm hearing some blaring grateful dead music coming from below... i ask Michelle , Lisa's friend whether there is a big head pop. here in St Kitts and she says no... so eventually i finally venture downstairs to the bar below to find Rose Garland kickin out the tunes till 5 pm... good times!!! i could have sworn from upstairs it was someone spinnin live Dead...New Rider dancin his face off offerin some wild Turkey to me at the prefect time... in the words of Davey Boy... " lets get pished".. wish i could be there with ya'll...

That was fun. Wet and phun. I think I only had one beer, thing is, that beer kept filling itself up! One bottomless beer.

The music was great, and it is too bad it got cut short by mother nature. Did you guys put it back together when the rain lessened?

I had a lot of fun. Daddy needs that once in a while.

Phred

Dr. Hux setlist as best as I can remember:

Switzerland -> Em funk thing -> Superstition tease -> Play that funky music -> Music never stopped tease -> Play that funky music

Looks like rain

Itsy bitsy spider jam *

All over now -> some song tease I didn't know, (just followed Geoff's lead)-> All over now

Ballad of John and Yoko

Kelecia

* Instrumental, Without Geoff - He was Tapping a keg.

The whole set was done with special Guest Glen Whelan on Drums.

I very likely forgot something. Also, what tease did we do in "all over now"?

[big Grin][Confused][smile]

UTTER AND COMPLETE RAIN-DRENCHED DRUNKENESS!!!!

...wow...that's the best way I can describe Sat....things got REAL boozy in a hurry AND early, with any remaining party administration and organization out the window and alcoholic induced anarcy in the rain taking the reigns at this one!!

Thanks to all who showed! those who played! (Tummies, Jane, Grant Buffet Experience) Special thanks go to Glenny "Van Whelan" Whelan for being house drummer, and doing a kick-ass job at it! an an apology to those who were rained out.... [Frown] but the music and beats went on!

Also an apology to the KW give'r gang....obviously we didn't get to the telepathic give'r...jeesus....I don't think anyone's checked the messages at 40 Main since friday.....we were brain dead yesterday.....BIG TIME.

The bash was a success!!! the $130 ticket for "disturbing the city of Ottawa with unusual and innapropriate noise" was our only financial hit, so we'll frame that sucker, and as a collective, move on. For Canadians.

(pssst...Phred, that Music Never Stopped was actually - 1st two verses - still a tease??)

I blame any short-term incoherence on Saturday night and most of Sunday on the Frisbee-upside-my-head, as delivered by FreekerByTheSpeaker. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Aloha,

Brad

P.S. If anybody found my Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame baseball cap, very pale brown in colour, with a 45 RMP spindle logo stitched into the front, I'd really like it back. Thanks.

quote:

Originally posted by Dr. Huxtable:

(pssst...Phred, that Music Never Stopped was actually - 1st two verses - still a tease??)

Okay, not really a tease, but not the full song.

What was that song we played in the middle of All Over Now? I was a 12 bar blues thing in G. Probably a Dead tune.

Well gang, another messy, drunken (I'm speaking for everyone here, defenitely me) Jam Back at 40 Main over!! Good time had by all I'd say, despite the short musical portion of the entertainment (which was good none the less), we all hung together, welcomed whatever mother nature threw at us with opened arms, and kept rocking on! Three legged races, frisbees in the faces, drum circles, drinking contests, we made our own entertainment happen anyway possible!! I hope everyone got their share of drinks and big laughs, I can think of a few people who had more than their share of it, espically watching me fall flat on my back a few times throughout the night. Thanks everyone for contributing to the keg fund, we pulled in just about enough to cover our expenses for the day, of course minus the $130 fine those by-law shit monkeys threw on us, but I guess that's what you deal with for throwing something of that madenning porportion. If anyone did forget to throw me some bills for the keg, let me know and I'll use it to pay off our fine! [smile] I'm hoping to collect some pictures from the days festivities, so 1) I can put together a slide show and throw it up on my website, 2) to help me and probably 40 other drunkards remember the events that took place between 7 and 12 midnight that Saturday! So if anyone has any, please forward them to me, or I'll scan them here for you and start putting them up on the site!

Again gang, thanks a million for the great times, until next time! keep Given'er!

Archived