Jambands.ca

Rollcall: The REAL give'r party @40 Main-Sat!

Hux

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

I'd love to be there for some good ol' Ottawa style partying with lots of my favourite people but unfortunately I have a wedding to attend that night. Wah!
[Frown]

yo - me too! what's up with that?! freakin love - who needs it. [Mad] oh well, maybe this'll be a repeat of the last family wedding - we'll get the younger cousins all boozed up and start a fight! yup. maybe we can get it goin on in some jello this time - soften the blows. yeah, i'll be takin my camera [Roll Eyes]

P(arty) minus one day, ffolkz. Who's ready to let loose?

Should the opportunity for some StageTimeM arise, is there any chance I could borrow a (right-handed, ideally electric) guitar from someone? The line-up, as listed above, seems pretty full, so I'm thinking that bringing my own guitar may not be justified.

Aloha,

Brad

Alright Folks, get your engines started, livers warmed up and break dancin' shoes on, cause in less than 24 hours it will be all going down, in the same sweet fashion it always has been done at 40 Main Street. The kegs ae heading for the icy depts of the backyard ice shed, the BBQ is full, the bands are warmed up and ready to slap down some funk, the games are being constructed, the jello is being jello-ed in the outdoor pool, and the carnival tents are up (it really looks like a carnival, anyone know a few clowns?). Once again, it's all coming together in perfect time to bring on the baddest, craziest end of summer shaker we can throw down. Even sweeter news, is the fact that tommorows weather is looking good, nice morning, and a hot sunny afternoon with a possible shower (40%) to cool off the heat before the sun rears it's beautiful face again. But it doesn't matter, seeing as we've set-up enough stuff in the yard to handle a hurricane, plus we'll be too busy partying our faces off to notice. Right now our numbers are over the 100 person mark, and we've got more than enough booze and food to meet the needs of the british army(who are also invited to the kegger). So for all those of you who we got confirmations from, once you walk into the yard tommorow, forget about everything else you got going on in your mind, and get ready to put on your party faces in big time fashion, you'll never see your sober face again after were through with you. For the few folks I never heard back from, I'll take it you're coming as well, seeing as this will be the last chance to get your drink on and anything else you got going on with a hundred other friends. Were opening it all up anytime after 12 noon, and the bands and entertainment will be kicking in shortly after our firts taste of cold beer! Lets get it started!!

See you all tommorow!!

Pottie

236-8673

quote:

Originally posted by ollie:

I can feel the hangover already.

You're listening to the wrong track: first comes "The Party"...

We're all here to be reckless

We're all sleazy and easy to please

Dreamers and schemers on the loose

...then "Hangover"...

To-morrow don't be here today

Take a cruise take a holiday

Double vision when the bars close down

Double vision when the bars close down

Aloha,

Brad

Woke up this morning with a wine glass in my hand

Whose wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine?

Must have been a dream I don’t believe where I’ve been

Come on - lets do it again?

Do you, you feel like I do?

My friend got busted just the other day

They said don’t walk, don’t walk, don’t walk away

He drove into a taxi bent the boot hit the back

Had to play some music otherwise he’d crack

Champagne for breakfast and a sherman in my hand

top, tails - never fails

Must have been a dream I don’t believe where I’ve been

Come on - lets do it again?

-

I have returned from my spiritual journey and will indeed be attending the festivies. Though I will not be getting drunk.

I just heard "The Party" on the radio on the drive back. Lit a joint, rolled down the windows, cranked it and sang my fool head off for six minutes. I sure don't do that very often.

Archived