Jambands.ca

Nova Scotia travel suggestions?

Hal Johnson

Were flying in on Sunday and we'll be there until the 26th. So far the plan isnt much of a plan, were just going to visit family in a small town an hour and a half away from Halifax. The wife and I plan to spend some time in the city though, so entertainment suggestions would be great. Anything else that comes to mind though, really.

Ahhhh! My bad, your absolutely right Dave-o, I got my dates all screwy. I am leaving this weekend and we may actually be able to hit it up! So in that case, thanks agin dude. (Vacation is obviously way over due ;) )

aaaand, if it works out, we should hook up!

Edited by Guest

Dude, you're sending me on a rollercoaster of emotions here. First you're coming, then you're not, now you want to hook up?

You know where to find me (i.e. Rich Stadium, har har) once you've decided.

;)

If you take the Cabot Trail' date=' make sure to drive it clockwise. [/quote']

just curious - why is that?

It's more spectacular, especially once you get to Cape Breton National Park and onwards. My friends from there told me to do so too as did the Cape Breton travel guides and I'm glad I took that route.

The Five Fisherman is probably the best seafood restaurant in Halifax, especially if you like to eat mussels, they have an all you can eat appetizer buffet. It ain't a cheap place though.

Let's see the old pub crawl, start at the Lower Deck by the waterfront. Trust me, you'll have a blast. Maritime music as it should be heard. The place gets jammmed. You'll be banging your Keith's mug on the table and howling in no time. After that closes (I think midnight) up the road to the liquor dome.

The Liquor Dome in Halifax is a city block containing about 5 bars, all inter-connected. It's good for a blast. That place closes at 2:00 and then you can make your way to the Palace if you have any energy left and drink until 3:00 or 3:30 with live music (not really the best bands though).

There's tons of great bars and pubs in Halifax, take your pick. I think Bubbles has a pretty popular place there now.

someone told us the best thing to do is to do the trail one way, and then go back the other way. totally different! we didn't have time.

That's probably true, never really thought about it. I've been around the Cabot Trail many, many times. Camped all over the place. It'll never stop amazing you. There's a lot of beautiful places in this country but that place is really special.