Jambands.ca

best comic strips ever

You get to rate this on the 'Dork Meter'. While in college I use to go to the library and spend hours looking through the 'old' newspapers reading through the various comic sections. How much fun can one person have while in a library? I'll check out the link but the tradional favorite... Calvin and Hobbes.

that bloatee thing was awful

Not in the context of the series though. It was perhaps a poor example of the strip if you don't know the characters. Trust me, This comic is so rewarding once you get into it.

I love PBF and thought it was the funniest comic I could ever find, but Achewood has changed that. I still love PBF though, and am sad that he is not doing it any more.

Guest Low Roller

I've been following Penny-Arcade, PVP, and Sinfest for years now. I've recently gotten into Kukuburi and The Abominable Charles Christopher.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2485683/Garfield-Minus-Garfield-Cult-web-comic-gets-book-deal.html

Garfield Minus Garfield has developed a huge online following by erasing Garfield the cat and his thought bubbles from the original strips, making it appear that his owner John Arbuckle is talking to himself.

The result is an “even better comic about schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and the empty desperation of modern lifeâ€, according to the site’s Irish creator Dan Walsh.

The blog - which publishes a new three-frame strip every day - has attracted millions of hits and rave press reviews since its launch in February.

Even Garfield creator Jim Davis, who came up with the idea for a comic about a lasagna-loving cat in 1978, was impressed.

Instead of trying to get the site closed down he has thrown his weight behind a new book that will publish his originals and Walsh’s versions side-by-side.

The book is being published by Ballantine Books, which has published collections of the original Garfield cartoons since 1980.

“I think it’s an inspired thing to do,†Davis said. “I want to thank Dan for enabling me to see another side of Garfield.â€

Aloha,

Brad