Jambands.ca

Pay-As-You-Go phone

bouche

I've got a pay as you go phone with Rogers that is up for grabs. It currently has about $57 credit on it, good until August 7th. Then you have to add on $20, to keep that credit rolled over.

It's been used only a few times. I got it at a silent auction for a winning bid of $25 and recently added $20 to the account.

So best offer in this range and it's yours to pick up. I'll have to ask if there is anything that needs to be done to the phone to change it over, but I don't think it is connected to me aside from linking it to my rogers account.

can you explain how it works?

do i have to pay rogers anything, except for buying credits? could i just keep the phone, unused, in my drawer until such time (like a road trip) when i want to use it, and then it will work so long as i have credits on it?

why do you have to pay 20$ to keep your credits?

If you pay month-to-month credits will only roll-over if you put a minimum on. In this case, $20. Minutes are charged differently, depending on the plan. YOu can change the plan if you want. All I need to do is transfer reponsibility over to the new owner.

You have no obligation to pay shit if you don't want to. You'll be able to use the phone as soon as you put credits in it. YOu can even buy phone cards at the corner store and enter in a code for the credits.

If you pay for a full year ($100?), the credits stay with your account.

I don't think you can transfer credits to another phone. You could ask Roger though.

If you pay month-to-month credits will only roll-over if you put a minimum on. In this case, $20. Minutes are charged differently, depending on the plan. YOu can change the plan if you want. All I need to do is transfer reponsibility over to the new owner.

the minutes may expire in a year or so. But be warned a minute "on the road" is not the same as a local minute. Your $57 credit might only get you a half hour call if you are roaming.

i just don't want the phone, ok?

it sounded above like phorbsie is in the same position as me...

i needed a phone that i could keep charged in my boat, but only used for emergency situations....

my first bell phone, and my first rogers phone, were both useless....as the minutes would expire in 30 days, or 60 days, or 90 days at the latest.

i checked out virgin mobile, and their minutes expire after 365 days.

no top up required.

its not great for an everday phone, but for the purpose of once in a blue moon, its reliable, and your minutes are there when you go to use them....

hope this helps.