Jambands.ca

Henry Morgentaler on Strombo tonight

Booche

totally disagree with your view on the questions YT. he does the best interview on television. the questions he asks bring forth very long, single topic conversation IMO....if there are numerous questions (as there were in last nights rerun of the legless climber guy) it is because the guest gives short answers. I thought the Cusack interview was all conversation and didn't see that comment by him as burning Strombo at all. Perspective i guess as i took it to mean that Cusack was relieved to be having such a conversation. (the questions about Cusack's past seemed to displease him though)

He also has the best lineup of guests of any "interview show" i've seen. Not just your run of the mill flavours of the week.

Sorry i missed the Morgentaler interview...i'll have to find it via interwebs.

When I see an interview with a young host that leads the guest with a series of questions while the guest talks about 'just going with it' doesn't really scream 'burn', but sometimes I don't want to put the time into finding the perfect way to describe what I see.

I don't know how to really put that. It was subtle as it was intended, as I also thought Cusack was pretty comfortable for the most part.

It made me laugh. at.

That being said, I think Strombo's one of the best on TV...that's not to say there's nothing more I ask for of a national media personality. Hell, I think it's obvious I ask a lot more of everything...but one of the best on TV...on TV. I think that print can hide a lot of swagger, as can photoshoots, layout, and typesetting...especially nestled between strategically placed full page colour ads for high end fashion or big money music.

Strombo does a great job and has breathed a bit more life back into the CBC. Cheesy cliche about the network with the most bad puns.

I hope in time I stop feeling that he's not rushing through to be on time or in step with someone else's planning. I don't like to be reminded of the fact that there's a commercial on its way to try to sell me something.

I like feeling respected as a viewer. CBC does that more than any other broadcast media brand, but it's still no perfect world.