Jambands.ca

Bryson Farms - organic produce

bouche

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems that the goods are becoming more plentiful already. We are getting extremely fresh greens each week. Enough to have greens left by the next delivery, and it's all still crisp enough to serve.

We got 2 new peppers today, one green, one red. We received our very first batch of brussel sprouts from them today too. We can't wait to butter them up!

2 lovely hunks of broccoli, and another round of their delicious shrooms.

Did you guys get the same sort of thing?

you will probably get used to the sprouts. They are SO good for you. I learned how to do sprouts at home a couple of years ago, and there is really nothing to it. When you get some sprouts going, and they are ready to be eaten, you have to know that they are concentrated with nutrients. Bryson's Farms is send us pure vitamins (or whatever is in young greeens).

• 2 weeks later...

I like to cut them into small, hash brown type cubes, blanch them and then fry them up with spices for a great breakfast hash brown. You can do them on their own or mix them with potato. I guess if you like the shredded potato kind they'd be great in that also but I haven't done it.

I also put turnip or parsnips in with my mashed potatoes. It just adds a layer of flavor.

They make it into every pot of soup we make.

They're great just simply roasted with other root veggies like beets, carrots, etc.

I like to cut them into small, hash brown type cubes, blanch them and then fry them up with spices for a great breakfast hash brown. You can do them on their own or mix them with potato. I guess if you like the shredded potato kind they'd be great in that also but I haven't done it.

I also put turnip or parsnips in with my mashed potatoes. It just adds a layer of flavor.

They make it into every pot of soup we make.

They're great just simply roasted with other root veggies like beets, carrots, etc.

Slivered and then pan-fried, like carrots (and even better, with carrots), is nice, too.

Aloha,

Brad

so much kale! we have been using it though.

we've been chopping it up and putting it in the curry stir fry. we've also used it in soups. darren is also on a juice kick, he's been putting it through the juicer!

i haven't tried it raw yet.

it's really good with pasta. a tomato sauce with some steamed kale mixed in, or even a creamy sauce works good with the stuff. you can also use it like cabbage and make kale rolls (like cabbage rolls but kale instead of the cabbage)

• 1 month later...