Jambands.ca

Bryson Farms - organic produce

bouche

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placed an order which is confirmed for saturday. Here are this weeks basket contents:

This week's basket should be exceptional - probably golden or chioggia beets; green, yellow, or red french filet beans; fingerlings; sweet peppers; baby carrots; chard; summer squash or Italian zucchini; tomatillos; lots of heirloom tomatoes and so much more! Also, we still have lots of our baby leaf salad greens which is very unusual at this time of year.

And our certified organic sweet corn has started we are never sure how much we will have until we harvest so if you only receive a few couple of ears (or none) this week, there will be lots more in the baskets in the weeks to come and well into September. To learn why our sweet corn is so late and the perils of conventional sweet corn, please read our note below.

I've never heard of an Heirloom tomato before, but they are big with Bryson Farms. I'm going to be learning alot about these come saturday.

Heirloom Tomato on Wikipedia

More on Heirloom Tomatoes

It looks like it might be arugula.

That is a nice looking pile of produce!

I love cooking this time of year. Everything tastes so good. Keep everything simple and let the ingredients speak for themselves.

I made a Caprese salad yesterday that was amazing!

Edited by Guest

• 5 months later...

did you get the greens? They are the bomb! The bounty is nothing compared to what you get when it isn't -25 outside. The weekly price averages out nicely. I think I'll be using the broccoli and mushrooms this evening in a classic chinese beef/broccoli dish.

ah yes the greens! i think we're going to get into those tonight. we also got broccoli and an onion. i bought an organic chicken from saslove's, so tonight we're having roast chicken and we put the little potatoes, onion and some carrots from the store under the chicken in the roasting pan. i also stuck a whole bunch of garlic and lemon inside the chicken. we are hoping this goes better than when we tried to roast a turkey [disaster].

yay food :)