Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilson like sto play the percentages

If that is the case his math skills suck because no goalie has ever made a save when coming off the bench for the shootout.

I heard that last night as well. I believe they said it was 3 goalies and they were 0 - 6 on saves.

While Perry hasn't witnessed the 'goalie switcheroo,' it has been done three previous times since the shootout was instituted in 2005.

On Nov. 22 of that year, Mika Noronen of the Buffalo Sabres aggravated a groin injury while giving up a goal on the first shot of a shootout against New York Rangers centre Martin Straka. The NHL rulebook says goalies can be replaced in a shootout if there's an injury and in came Martin Biron who gave up two goals on two shots to lose the game.

Edmonton Oilers goalie Ty Conklin earned a 3-3 tie after three periods and overtime against the Dallas Stars on Mar. 7, 2006. But Edmonton head coach Craig MacTavish brought in backup goalie Mike Morrison because he had not lost in five previous shootouts. That move also failed, as Morrison gave up two goals on the first two shots in the shootout to lose the game.

On Oct. 26, 2006, Atlanta Thrashers goalie Johan Hedberg earned a 2-2 tie after three periods and overtime against the Philadelphia Flyers. Atlanta head coach Bob Hartley brought in Kari Lehtonen, who gave up two goals on three shots in the shootout to lose the game.

So to date, no replacement goalie in any given shootouts have ever tallied the extra point and are a combined 1-for-9 in saves.

Based on the fact they arent the Sens.

But honestly, based on that game alone bonehead. And speaking of boneheads, wtf do some people think fights should happen based on clean checks?

Wanna get them back? Start amping your play and take away what the other team thought was a sure victory. That's what the Leafs did.

Based on the fact they arent the Sens.

But honestly, based on that game alone bonehead. And speaking of boneheads, wtf do some people think fights should happen based on clean checks?

Wanna get them back? Start amping your play and take away what the other team thought was a sure victory. That's what the Leafs did.

Speakin' the truth brutha!

Love the fact that shit like that happens when they bench deadwood whiners like Blake.

I missed the game going out for dinner with my Dad (gave him a killer retro Habs fitted cap and Habs pyjamas). Gotta watch the replays now.

How did that broken glass cut up so many people? I thought that stuff was designed like car window class.

Well, its incredibly early but I think the Leaf kids have been working hard this season and I have been impressed with their determination and grit most of the time I have seen them play.

I cant say the same for the Sens.

I also agree with this comment Booche and your previous comment. This is a gritty team. They are also a much tougher team than last year. Give this credit to Ron Wilson. He may be a dick, but his teams compete. And I also love the benching of Blake, if you are not going to play both ways, you are not going to play. There were two great articles in the Sun yesterday. One dealt with Wilson's desire to end the sense of entitlement that this team has. It is amazing how different this team is compared to last year. Hopefully these are steps in the right direction. And one last point, Luke Schenn is fun to watch.

As much as I dislike the Leafs organization I can certainly say they have taken some good steps lately.

No longer are they grabbing washed up free agents hoping they can rekindle some of their past glory. No longer are they keeping guys in the lineup who are there based on past accomplishments.

They are going with youth and with people performing or at least trying every shift.

It may take a few seasons but if they stay the course they will defenitly be an improved club.

Those hits were HUGE! Good on 'em though, they came back strong.

Gotta agree with Booche, I hate it when fighters retaliate over clean hits...but then again they are meatheads...

Grabovsky is looking great so far.

McCalluf (sp?) on the score last night on Antropov:

"They want him to score a ton of goals so they can trade him for picks"

Im glad I picked him up in the pool!