Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Got to watching the game on the PVR later last night. Damn, that was fun to watch. Good to see a pack of hungry young players with nothing to lose.

I liked Ron Wilson's quote:

"This team's expectations are so low you can't even trip over them!"

Moore looked particularly good.

That was fun. Won't be tons of wins this year, so gotta enjoy 'em when they happen ;)

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All is well! For alll of those who are predicting the basement for the Leafs, just look at what they managed to do yesterday with their players: they beat the champs! That felt real sweet. I was at a bar and everyone was talking about how the game was retribution for all the crap that was being said during the summer on how bad the team is. All we need now is for Sundin to sign up and then you'll see what happens. Go LEafs GO!

Really fun game to watch last night. The leafs were badly outplayed for the most part, but took advantage of two huge Redwing fuckups. This is how they're going to win games this year! That, and Toskala needs to stand on his head for 75 games.

I felt this strange emotion watching the game last night, I think it's reffered to as "hope". I've spent the last 3 years bitching and bitching, but this year there's no point to it. For the first time in 3 years I'm going to enjoy watching this team lose...weird, eh?

Oh, and for the "what else is new" file - Antropov and Ponikorovsky are f'n slow and uselss and will be exposed this year for how worthless they are because Sundin's not there to help them.

Edited by Guest

Solid game last night. Definatley not the result that I expected. I think we are going to enjoy watching this team this year. They are going to be much more prepared and competitive than they were last year. Weird without Mats last night. It will take me a while to figure out all the new numbers and players. It was nice to see a few of the new guys contribute last night.

All is well! For alll of those who are predicting the basement for the Leafs, just look at what they managed to do yesterday with their players: they beat the champs! That felt real sweet. I was at a bar and everyone was talking about how the game was retribution for all the crap that was being said during the summer on how bad the team is. All we need now is for Sundin to sign up and then you'll see what happens. Go LEafs GO!

Quote of the year nomination.

and i'm a Leafs fan too. But that was funny.

I've spent the last 3 years bitching and bitching, but this year there's no point to it. For the first time in 3 years I'm going to enjoy watching this team lose...weird, eh?

It's probably also due to the media predicting something closer to the basement rather than hearing bullshit coming from the coaches mouth about competing for the Stanely Cup.

Being a Raiders fan I feel you Hal, deep inside of me. Yum.

Booche, Wilson and his staff are much different than the previous staff. Wilson is not delusional, he has not mentioned anything about the Stanley Cup this year. If fact, he said that he wanted the players to watch the ceremony last night because maybe in a couple of years they might be lucky enough to experience it themselves. Maurice was not so honest last year.

...he wanted the players to watch the ceremony last night because maybe in a couple of years they might be lucky enough to experience it themselves.

LOL... yeah, if they get lucky enough to be traded to a contending team, and only if... dream on Ron.. I hope the leafs get B. Burke, will only make the MLSE more of a sideshow. Deep down, I actually do feel bad for yas though... pure pity that is~

Guest Low Roller
I don't think that the Leafs looked that bad tonight despite giving up six goals of which three were on the powerplay having their goalie pulled and not taking any shit from Commie-sarek they didn't look that bad.

huh?