Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Eugene made his bed? Barely made payroll?? You realize that Maelnyk just bought the Sens in June 2003, right?

I think you've missed the point that this is what a tiered pricing model looks like. The Sens aren't the only team doing this sort of thing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you REALLY think this is a way to show gratitude to fans, so to give them a break...

OR

They are 110% sure they won't sell the tickets, so they'd better mark them down to get people there?

They do mark them down to get people there. Not a lot of draw for a mid-week game against the Florida Panthers.

Seriously, support for this team, or lack there of, is the worst in Canada for an NHL franchise.

I doubt that. They sell out almost every game.

trying to get to the game is near impossible for 7:30pm throughout the week due to traffic, and even worse on weekends.

It's actually better on weekends, because you're not competing with the after-work commuter traffic.

I've never had a problem getting to a game on time, and I go to 20 games a season.

Remember when they barely made pay-roll a couple years ago?

That was 6 years ago, with a different owner.

remember when the nobody wanted to buy the habs six years ago, they missed the playoffs 4 years out of 5, and there were 6000 empty seats at the games?

I don't*, because i don't give a fuck about your team, and certainly didn't 6 years ago, but that's what happened. is it relevant? maybe not. but it's the same shit you're bringing up here for no reason.

* it was in the toronto star today

I doubt that. They sell out almost every game.

Does that really count if you have to give them away at 50% off?

That's a half-full rink IMO.

Didn't realize Melnik just bought in 2003, so I guess he's doing what he can, with what he's got (and loving the MLS initiative). The NCC most definately had a roll in the rink location.

Caught the first bus from downtown for a Saturday night game Sens vs Leafs 2-3 years ago, got to the game with 7 minutes left to go in the first. Missed 2 goals, + 2 fights... and my hate was born with watching live NHL hockey in Ottawa.

Does that really count if you have to give them away at 50% off?

Selling tickets at a discount is not the same as giving them away.

That's a half-full rink IMO.

Try and find a place to park your ass when all the tickets have been bought. You’ll see the rink is more than half full

Didn't realize Melnik just bought in 2003, so I guess he's doing what he can, with what he's got

Aw, you didn’t realise. We all noticed that. Melnyk hasn’t done too badly for himself. He’s done more than Gillet

The NCC most definately had a roll in the rink location.

I don’t know anything about that, but given your record in this conversation I feel pretty good disagreeing with you. Chances are I’m right.

Caught the first bus from downtown for a Saturday night game Sens vs Leafs 2-3 years ago, got to the game with 7 minutes left to go in the first. Missed 2 goals, + 2 fights... and my hate was born with watching live NHL hockey in Ottawa.

Maybe you should have gone earlier.

yeah i found an attendance stats site that kind of refuted what the star article said.

to be fair, the star said that there were empty seats but i'm not sure if they were inferring that paid attendance was down. the team was shit so it's a fair assumption, but there's no way to tell. who knows. anyways. moving on.

i'm right you're wrong. all of you. :)

Things we learned today.

1 - By not answering me, Ollie answered me. He is going to the game tonight because the tickets are 50% off.

2 - Ollie didnt renew his flex-pack tickets because "they arent worth it".

3 - Demand is definitely down, which will also affect attendance, because the team isnt expected to be one of the top teams in the East.

In conclusion, Sens fans are still fair weather sons-of-bitches who bandwagoned over to them.