Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

If he is sure they will take them back, as it was written, than it was part of the deal with the Sens. He probably had to pony up the 17 large at first, just so someone is accountable.

Blaming the economy is a horrid excuse, might as well say it's due to lysteria or the price of gas (which is now down to $0.95ish in Ottawa). The economic downturn hasn't hit Canada near as bad as US.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

explain the bailing on this oh sens fans.

The article you quoted was from the Ottawa Sun' date=' which presents everything as a crisis in order to sell more newspapers.

The game is over three weeks away, for crying out loud. Still plenty of time to sell those tickets. [/quote']

so its the Suns fault that no one is buying the tickets?

and im guessing the guy has way less then three weeks to sell these if he has an option to return them, which he likely has to do by a certain date to give the sens a chance to try to sell them. he probably has a week or less left to sell them.

i doubt he would be pleading his case to a paper if he had loads of time and was confident he would get rid of them like in years past.

It's not like all you rich Stadium Sens fans are the problem, or can justify the situation completely. As a whole, Sens fans will always be known as a fragile bunch who will jump off the bus quicker than they jumped on it in the first place. Some will stay on, but ticket sales are showing it may become a lonely ride soon.

PS - The bus will have loads of seating room come Christmas if management continues to think Gerber is a true #1 goalie in the NHL.

so its the Suns fault that no one is buying the tickets?

I didn't say that at all.

How could it be the Sun's fault? There were unsold before the article was even written.

The point is, the Sun presented the unsold tickets as a crisis, and you used that as an opportunity to stir up things up in this thread.

In my opinion, this is a non-issue. With the proper promotion, this guy will sell his tickets. There's a guy here at work involved in the "Ride for Dad" program and he sent around an e-mail today about the tickets for this game.

Are you guys seriously making fun of the Senators for not selling all their tickets? I have no idea what the actual numbers are but wouldn't the Senators have one of the smallest population bases in the league from which they can draw support from? They should be commended for the success of their organization, IMO.

Am I wrong?

All right how is my post ridiculous? All i did was post an article that was saying he has trouble selling tickets..

yes i did try to crank it up a bit but no way was it off the wall, bullshit and ridiculous.. says right in the article he was concerned about not selling tickets maybe because the team was not as good as years past.. that was not me or the sun it was the dude selling tickets.

anyway seriously.. what do you guys think of the line changes? not on a mission here, genuine question. i was pretty shocked..whats hartsburger up to?

He should have stuck with Winchester with Spezza and Heater to start the season, IMO....

I don't think Alfie-Fisher-Heater have ever played together before...

Foligno-Winchester-Spezza....could be interesting.

yeah i agree. though foligno up with spezza-heater would be pretty cool. they tried for like what a period? seems foligno is coming into his own this year.

cant see the fish being able to play with those two guys but ya never know. alfie is gonna have to do a lot of playmaking for heater. not that he cant do it just he will have a lot more to do without spezza.

i really cant see the Foligno-Winchester-Spezza line working.

Edited by Guest