Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked by a Chicago TV reporter which Senator is the "clubhouse leader" in the team's moustache-growing contest, Daniel Alfredsson said: "It's probably between Gerber and (Chris) Phillips," said Alfredsson. "I know it's not me anyway." Is there a longshot that you like sneaking through the pack for a late charge? "Yeah," said Alfredsson. "(Nick) Foligno. In 12 or 13 years he's going to have a good chance." ... Jarkko Ruutu, for the record, has no upper-lip hair whatsoever. "I was going to the Finnish embassy a couple of weeks ago, and I thought, I'm not going there with a moustache," said Ruutu. Is he going to get back into the game now? "I might as well."

I think the Sens may have to look at trading one of either Alfie, Heatley or Spazza.

I was talking to DaveO the other night and he told me a number of players are coming off the books this summer. Bryan Murray will probably keep those three for that reason alone but if one gets traded, my guess is that its Spezza because he should bring a ton back and his no-trade-clause doesnt kick in until this summer.

Besides, this team is amongst the lowest scoring teams in the league while defensively they are in and around the top 5. Giving up those three only makes matters worse with their offence.

But I cant see it happening unless it's a no-brainer.

I agree with Booche, it's really unfortunate that Kelly, Vermette, Fisher aren't really producing, because they would have been good trade bait....

As for prospects....They've got some talent down in Bingo but nothing really interesting....

I'm not sure what they could really trade for right now, that'll make a difference.

They need that fucking scoring forward on the second line.

Hossa, fuck.

Jason Smith has a wicked 'stache.

--I know this topic comes up in every bar, coffee shop, and illegal massage parlor in the National Capital Region, but it needs to repeated…emphasized…SCREAMED! Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatley have accounted for 53% of Ottawa’s goals this season. That’s the highest percentage for one team’s top three in the entire NHL. Secondary scoring is not a problem in Ottawa, it is THE problem. It has replaced goaltending as the team’s greatest crisis, and fatal flaw.

I think if the Sens really want to shake things up and get soemthing of value in return one of the three will have to go. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out... Auld can't play this good all year... can he?

I'm a little suspicious of fans of other teams suggesting we break up the only thing we have going for us scoring-wise. Do you really think that or do you just want to see us even more facked? ;)

That's not his fault. nobody can score.

Also...Don't like all this Tom Preissing trade nonsense.

Didn't we trade away Havlat to get him? Then lost him as a Free Agent, then we'd trade again for him?

WTF?

i know dinghy goals arent his fault.. im just saying Auld is not gonna play this well all year.. just not gonna happen and all this lack of scoring is going ot waste the good form he is in.

the only reason they got to trade spezza is because the other guys on the team will get you shit. sadly its the only guy who will get a return right now for the sens.. well the only guy without a NTC/NMC.

did BM not see the toronto situation with all the no trade shit? seriously fisher with a NMC? does he suck a mean cock or something?

I think if the Sens really want to shake things up and get soemthing of value in return one of the three will have to go. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out... Auld can't play this good all year... can he?

I'm a little suspicious of fans of other teams suggesting we break up the only thing we have going for us scoring-wise. Do you really think that or do you just want to see us even more facked? ;)

No, I really believe it. This combo is defenitely one of the best in the league but they have not been able to win it over the past 5 seasons or so. It seems the Sens (like other teams) are usually missing something that puts them over the top. In the past it was goaltending and now it seems their 'secondary' scoring is a major issue.

I can't see who else they have of value to bring them someone in return who can help this issue. I believe they may have to bite the bullet and trade one of them to get something in return.

Do the Sens have time to build through the draft, to get some impact players? Probably not.

Can they sign some free agents? maybe... but word is the NHL and the salary cap are going to have some hard times ahead.

I have joked before that the Sens are becoming the new Tampa Bay and I believe. Tampa Bay had Richards, St Louis and Vinnie... They were awesome together but the rest of the team around them crumbled. The difference between them and the Sens is they won the Cup when they had the chance... Ottawa did not.

Also, it's not just that the Sens are worse off than they were. Many teams in the division are getting better.

I don't know the answers but it seems something needs to be done.

I have joked before that the Sens are becoming the new Tampa Bay and I believe. Tampa Bay had Richards, St Louis and Vinnie... They were awesome together but the rest of the team around them crumbled. The difference between them and the Sens is they won the Cup when they had the chance... Ottawa did not.

And have they gotten any better since breaking up their "big 3" by moving Brad Richards?

Seems to me if the Sens trade one of the three they'd just be trading one problem for another.

Really, unless it's a killer deal I hope they don't go this route.

Tampa went down hill when they decided to not sign Khabibulin. Id argue The Senator's demise was deciding to keep Redden over Chara.

If, and that's a huge effin IF, Auld can maintain any type of consistency they may have a goalie. But he's got to be getting on in age too. I really dont see it happening.

What other options are there other than trading Spezza?

Guest Low Roller
The stream was fantastic. Are all the Atdhe streams like that?

jakis and i told you about that place in the habs thread.

i can't speak for all the streams' date=' but all the ones i've seen have been that good.

[/quote']

You did, and I remember that. Yesterday's game was my first opportunity to actually stream a game.

The Sens will be waiting until the trade deadline before they will be able to trade off the types of players Ollie is suggesting but going out the door will be someone like

Chris Neil

Christoph Schubert

Shean Donovan

No one is going to touch Fisher or Kelly or Vermette because they make way too much money. Well, Vermette is possible because he only has one more year on his contract after this season.

Chris Neil

Christoph Schubert

Shean Donovan

Getting rid of Donovan would be ridiculous. He makes $600K and is one of our better forwards at the moment (and in the playoffs last year).

Schubert is a non-factor at this point on the ice so yeah, get rid of him.

Neil? For the money he's paid, sure.

I think some teams will be desperate enough to gamble on Vermette and/or Kelly at the deadline.

Fisher?