Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Daniel Alfredsson said he didn't attend the Ottawa Sports Celebrity Dinner Wednesday intent on buying a Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings jersey. It just happened. "I saw it and I liked it," said Alfredsson, who spent $1,600 on the sweater. "I'm a big fan of his." Was it autographed? "I think it was signed, I hope it was signed," Alfredsson said. "Otherwise, I might as well go to Sport Chek and get a Detroit jersey for 100 bucks."

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Alfredsson said he didn't attend the Ottawa Sports Celebrity Dinner Wednesday intent on buying a Steve Yzerman Detroit Red Wings jersey. It just happened. "I saw it and I liked it," said Alfredsson, who spent $1,600 on the sweater. "I'm a big fan of his." Was it autographed? "I think it was signed, I hope it was signed," Alfredsson said. "Otherwise, I might as well go to Sport Chek and get a Detroit jersey for 100 bucks."
"I think the sens are a cup contender, I hope were a cup contender, otherwise, I might as well just get into penis head modelling, not many have a penis shaped head like me"

It's pretty obvious the Sens are tanking on purpose so they can get Tavares. Bandwagon'd.

Great game by the Habs last night.

You should look after your own crappy yard before trashing your neighbour's. After tommorow night, your yard will be ranked last in the Eastern conference.

Edited by Guest

interesting

It was interesting to see the New York Rangers get all bent out of shape when Ottawa Senator Jarkko Ruutu fired the puck at goalie Henrik Lundqvist from a bad angle after initially losing control of it on a shootout attempt last night.

The Rangers were so incensed at what seemed like Ruutu being Ruutu that a few of them even tried to get at the abrasive Finn when the shootout was complete and they had to be restrained by the on-ice officials.

Well, guess what?

If Ruutu had scored on that bad-angle and seemingly late shootout shot, it would have counted.

According to NHL rule 25.2 on penalty shots, or shootouts if you will, that was still a live puck and Ruutu was within his rights to shoot it at Lundqvist.

"The original loss of the puck was not on a shot,†NHL director of officiating Stephen Walkon told TSN. "Therefore, the puck is live until it comes to a complete stop or the puck completely crosses the goal line."

Sure enough, in this case, the puck was still moving when Ruutu got to it and it had not crossed the goal line. The play was alive even though most of us, including the Rangers, thought it was dead.

Now, if Ruutu had tried to corral that puck on his stick and take it back towards the net for another try, there is reason to believe he may have violated the part of the rule where a player must maintain forward progress on the penalty shot/shootout attempt, but even that has become a bit of a gray area with some inventive shootout techniques and imaginative moves by the players.

But make no mistake, the shot he took was a valid shot and had he scored on it, it would have counted.

Seriously, i don't know waht they should do. I don't think there's a lack of talent at all. It was easy to lay the blame on the cancerous Emery last year when the slide began. Now? It's gotta be in leadership/coaching.

Think about when they consistently started losing on a regular basis. That was right around January 08 wasn't it? It hasn't gotten any better over the off-season and doesn't look any better in the near future.

Edited by Guest