Jambands.ca

Laptop Help

afro poppa

i got a great one a few weeks ago at bestbuy, it was $649 on sale marked down from $799. HP was the brand. you might still be able to catch the back to school sales.

also, there are regularly good deals on redflagdeals.com - lots of computer deals.

Well, I have a HP laptop at work, and it has persistent problems that HP has no idea how to fix. My mom has a Compaq, and it has endless problems with the built-in garbage software.

Dell's are cheap for a reason, they use the cheapest parts around.

If I was buying a new one today, it would be Acer first, Toshiba second.

hmm, yeah my old laptop is a toshiba and they are great.

i use a dell laptop at work and no problems in 2+ years. before that i used a dell superduper desktop and toshiba laptop.

i went HP this time around because i'd heard that their reputation is getting better, plus it had all the bells and whistles i wanted in a very light package, and the price was so cheap. comparable toshibas were way out of my price range. so i hope the new HP it stands the test of time. only time will tell i guess.

Laptops are SO cheap right now. I would suggest an Acer based on an AMD cpu and ATI graphics.

I've had bad experiences with HP/Compaq.

This one is a nice deal, although it has NVidia graphics.

That looks close to mine except I held out for the dedicated video memory (256MB too). I think it's worth it.

Mine also came with a BluRay player which seemed cool at the time although I haven't used it.

I've had bad experiences with HP/Compaq

do tell....

In my experience there's always someone out there that has had a bad experience with the product you want to buy. Hell, when I bought my Acer laptop at Staples the sales drone tried hard to talk me out of it, calling Acer crap, etc.

from experience in the shop

acer = good for your money . but acer sucks to deal with for repairs on laptops.

toshiba- check out the class action lawsuites against them for shitty laptops and overheating problems

hp - havent seen too many issues. let me know how it goes AD

lenovo has the new SL series and they would be under $1000 with tax. i just bought 2 of them for friends and they are getting great reviews

My roommate just got a new toshiba and for the most part likes it. His is on the higher price range though. Really the only problem he has is with vista. That OS is always giving him problems.

It always makes my day when his computer screws up and he gets all mad at vista. I always go up and say "do you want to use my mac?"

Anyways the first thing I would do is get another copy of vista, one without all the stupid software they put on there. Either that or get a mac;)