Jambands.ca

ticketmaster ...as if

dancingbear

ticketbastard

old news i now...but i just saw a link to it today on PT

this is just ridiculous. are not there laws regarding this sort of conflict of interest?

everthing from good seats at the start of sales to oh...just a thousand left, we can buy that out and jack up the price for the ones left to a now sold out show will happen.

Edited by Guest

yeah, it is old news that Ticketmaster owns Ticketsnow. "A Ticketmaster Company" was in there banner for a while now. It makes me sick to see them as the entity that can legitimize ticket scalping. Since when do that make the laws?

Ticketmaster seeks to overturn scalping legislation

Oetting said he logged on to Ticketmaster's website to look for tickets for an upcoming Elton John concert and found a link to TicketsNow. While tickets weren't yet released on Ticketmaster, TicketsNow was offering 53 tickets at higher prices.

Ticket Speculation Act (ontario law)

Can anyone explain how Ticketmaster is not committing an offence for sale of tickets greater than face-value in Ontario?

One thing most of you seem to be overlooking: Tickets being sold on TicketsNow, for the most part, are NOT from TicketMaster directly. It is not like they reserve tickets before they are sold to resell for a profit. TicketMaster, via TicketsNow, is getting a piece of the resale market (via a commission).

Tickets listed on TicketsNow come from licensed brokers, as well as individual sellers*. All tickets listed on TicketsNow are 100% Guaranteed or your money back.

*Please note that on occasion tickets may be placed for sale on TicketsNow by Ticketmaster for example when a transaction on Ticketmaster's TicketExchange is subsequently cancelled and Ticketmaster resells the ticket to mitigate a loss it has incurred.

bouche, TicketsNow is not breaking the law where they operate. They are based in Illinois, where it is legal to resell tickets at a higher price.

Is it illegal to sell tickets for more than face value?

No. It does generally require a license and set of standards to follow. In Illinois, where TicketsNow is licensed, it also requires a $100,000 cash bond for consumer protection to be held either privately or through an association. We are licensed to sell in 98% of the markets and will notify you if we cannot. All transactions that we handle meet all state and local provisions.

oh for fuck sakes. something is wrong in this equation. the transaction is happening between people outside of Illinois. ticketmaster is profiting on it.

why are you defending this pirate operation?

By that logic, we should be able to setup a hooker website in nevada. All of the transactions are made via the website, but all the fucking goes on anywhere that prostitution is illegal.

btw, that is my idea, so no one steal it.

yeah but how much is shipping' date=' handling, and convenience??

[/quote']

[color:purple]fuck you! if you want the fucking shirt you will pay what we want! go ahead, try to get your fucking shirt from anyone else in town! go ahead, just try! we have a fucking monopoly on shirts in this town, province, country, universe! dont fucking mess with us!

and get used to MORE of those fucking little nonsense words we're gonna make you type out as you frantically try to order shirts exactly at 10:00am next saturday morning! we own you! you serve US!

yeah but how much is shipping' date=' handling, and convenience??

[/quote']

[color:purple]fuck you! if you want the fucking shirt you will pay what we want! go ahead, try to get your fucking shirt from anyone else in town! go ahead, just try! we have a fucking monopoly on shirts in this town, province, country, universe! dont fucking mess with us!

and get used to MORE of those fucking little nonsense words we're gonna make you type out as you frantically try to order shirts exactly at 10:00am next saturday morning! we own you! you serve US!

i'll take two please. and sorry!

:)

I dunno, I just get amused when people get all up in arms about this stuff. Every other commodity in the world gets speculated on, but "event tickets" gets people so irate.

The market sets the prices. Whether or not you think it is fair, right, or want to argue the law, as long as people are willing to pay more than face value to secure a ticket, this will go on. Bands have tried to curb demand by setting ridiculous ticket prices, which is worse in my opinion.

I am sure many (probably including myself) will be very disappointed when they get shut out for the Phish Hampton shows. Some will boil over in anger when they see tickets going for $500 each on eBay. Just keep this in mind - there is a Phish fan on the other end of that transaction, and without the willing buyer, there is no way someone could sell a ticket for that much money.