Jambands.ca

Punk died again today....

whiteymuseum

Along with The Forgotten Rebels, D.O.A. and Nomeansno (and a few others), Teenage Head were one of the most important Canadian/Hamilton punk bands of their era, especially on this side of the country. Sad news indeed. High school concerts wouldn't have been the same without Teenage Head.

very sad news to wake up to this morning.

Caught Teenage Head a bunch of times in my high school days. mostly at Larry's Hideaway. When I was around 15 a normal Friday night including taking the subway to Bloor station with friends and walking down to Dundas stopping at all the records stores along the way. I can't recall which store it was, but at one of them the cashier was dating Gord at the time (at least that was her claim.) One night she introduced us to Dave Rave, who was still relatively unknown, and he hung out with me and my buddy on our Yonge street excursions. Which I gotta admit, I found kind of strange at the time.

RIP Frankie...

Very sad news. Another big loss to the steeltown music scene.

My old roommate Stu (I lived with the drunken lout from 1998-2003) will be devastated. Stu is the former drummer of the 80's Hamilton punk-new wave band The Dik Van Dykes. His heroes are Joe Strummer, Joey Ramone and Hamilton punk.

Dik Van Dykes! Great garage punk band, wow haven't thought about them in ages.

I knew Steve from the Dik Van Dykes (only socially though eg: shows, record store he worked at etc). I think I still have a copy of "Nobody Likes The Dik Van Dykes" (on vinyl) somewhere around here, although I doubt it plays all to well now-a-days.

Very sad news. Another big loss to the steeltown music scene.
My old roommate Stu (I lived with the drunken lout from 1998-2003) will be devastated. Stu is the former drummer of the 80's Hamilton punk-new wave band The Dik Van Dykes. His heroes are Joe Strummer, Joey Ramone and Hamilton punk.

Dik Van Dykes! Great garage punk band, wow haven't thought about them in ages.

I knew Steve from the Dik Van Dykes (only socially though eg: shows, record store he worked at etc). I think I still have a copy of "Nobody Likes The Dik Van Dykes" (on vinyl) somewhere around here, although I doubt it plays all to well now-a-days.

Both Stu and Steve are friends of mine; so is Steve's girlfriend. Steve is the manager (regional I think too) of the HMV superstore at Yonge and Dundas, but he's still a Hamilton guy all the way. Steve and Stu reformed and recorded an album with one of their friends on vocals and another one on bass. I played "guest" lead guitar on the record. The album is very old-school punk with some ska, but hasn't been released. It's pretty good.

Edited by Guest

Both Stu and Steve are friends of mine; so is Steve's girlfriend. Steve is the manager (regional I think too) of the HMV superstore at Yonge and Dundas, but he's still a Hamilton guy all the way. Steve and Stu reformed and recorded an album with one of their friends on vocals and another one on bass. I played "guest" lead guitar on the record. The album is very old-school punk with some ska, but hasn't been released. It's pretty good.

Really? Let us know when it's out.

Never was into Teenage Head but it always sucks when an old punk dies. RIP.

Yeah, it was an HMV (Limeridege Mall) he worked at back then as well.

Last show I remember seeing them at was in Hamilton, at a bar called 'Teasers' (if I remember correctly), a small upstairs rank hardcore club on king st. I think they were billed with Death of God (D.O.G) and Problem Children, but I could be mistaken, it was so long ago now.

Anyway, good to recall some of those memories, I'd say to say hello, but I doubt he would remember me. And yeah, I'd be interested in checking out the recording if it ever gets released, keep us posted.