Jambands.ca

fuÇking crackhead

Big Wooly Mammoth

While my car was parked in the Byward Market this morning, right in front of Lush, some asshole stole a sportsbag that was sitting on the passenger seat. The bag contained my sons skates, helmet, and change of clothes. We were in the market while my daughter was at her dance lesson. My son was supposed to have a skating lesson right after that. When I arrived at the St. Laurent rink I noticed that the bag was missing along with some CDs. I must have left the car unlocked for a few minutes in between errands and adding groceries to the car. Don't see much of a market for size 1 skates and a helmet, so the thief didn't get too much for it. And my son missed his lesson. and now we need to replace it all.

All that I can say is, whomever stole it is obviously in a real shitty situation. and it's their bad karma.

it's just stuff, and it can all be replaced.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

That sucks dude, but I must play devil's advocate and ask who leaves a bag on the passenger seat of their car??

ALWAYS trunk that shit and put CDs in the glove compartment.

That sucks dude, but I must play devil's advocate and ask who leaves a bag on the passenger seat of their car??

ALWAYS trunk that shit and put CDs in the glove compartment.

Was the headier than thou attitude really necessary? I'm sure he feels bad enough it was lost but hey, you should have done this.

Guest Low Roller
Was the headier than thou attitude really necessary? I'm sure he feels bad enough it was lost but hey, you should have done this.

As I had stated I did feel bad for his loss; property theft leads to an awful feeling which I can sympathize with. That's why certain precautions must be taken. I was surprised by a lack of caution, but as he then pointed out, he drives a station wagon and he can't trunk that shit.

Discrete Luggage!

Black is great, or a dark cover/blanket to cover it and make it blend into the back seat...

Yet another incentive to tint those windows and have a keyless entry system

To bad we have to lock our cars.

Wouldn't it be nice if Rural/Small town living in Canada were more attractive to more cosmopolitan people?

Pray for the planners of the future!

i have had my car stolen out of/broken into/just plain broken three times in my four years here [all in front of my old apt on gilmour]. once things were stolen when i left the door unlocked by mistake, and once they just went ahead and threw a chunk of cement through the window. leaving your doors unlocked certainly does not make it your fault. some shithead still made that decision to take your stuff. boooo thieves.

Stealing doesn't make you a crackhead, it makes you a theif. Smoking crack doesn't make you steal, it makes you a crackhead. Why conflate the two when you could just say the guy was a fucking nubskull. No offence, it's just that comments like that help people shut down methodone clinics and start up work camps, IMHO.

PS. I actually am really sorry that your shit got taken dude. I've been there too, I feel your pain.

Edited by Guest
:(

why would comments like that make people shut down methadone clinics? I guess I've just seen a bunch of crackheads in the are lately while walking with my kids - people selling and smoking the shit, so I *assumed* that's probably what the culprit was. I'm all for more treatment centres, methadone clinics (does that help with crack addicts?), etc...people with addictions shouldn't be in jails.

I wasn't really trying to get political or anything with saying it was a crackhead.

Stealing doesn't make you a crackhead, it makes you a theif. Smoking crack doesn't make you steal, it makes you a crackhead. Why conflate the two when you could just say the guy was a fuÇking nubskull. No offence, it's just that comments like that help people shut down methodone clinics and start up work camps, IMHO.

You clearly do not live in Ottawa.

(Just being cheeky, for the most part. But it is absolutely pandemic in the downtown here, and is without question the source of much of the crime. The assumption that theft has crack addiction as its motive is, just given the sheer prevalence, bound to be accurate more times than not)

It is difficult to really drive home to non-Ottawa people just how severe it has gotten here. And impossible to exaggerate.

No offence, it's just that comments like that help people shut down methodone clinics and start up work camps, IMHO.

True dat, but even more on target, at the heart of council's shutting down of Ottawa's clean crack pipe program and the continual to and fro that goes on about it . Apparently we all love HIV and Hep-C here in the capital, dontcha know.

methadone clinics (does that help with crack addicts?)

No, but addiction is a serious physical illness and the side-stepping of addictions as a moral problem is at the heart of things like the shutting down of methadone clinics. So T.B. isn't making too far of a leap in drawing the parallel. (I'm not suggesting that you were doing that BWM .. I actually don't think that you were)

Big Wooly Mammoth, maybe it is wrong to make those sort of assumptions, but if I had to put my money on it, I'd guess that your title is accurate. And regardless, sorry that your kids stuff got stolen man. That's sucks!! :( :(

Stealing doesn't make you a crackhead, it makes you a theif. Smoking crack doesn't make you steal, it makes you a crackhead. Why conflate the two when you could just say the guy was a fuÇking nubskull. No offence, it's just that comments like that help people shut down methodone clinics and start up work camps, IMHO.

You clearly do not live in Ottawa.

(Just being cheeky, for the most part. But it is absolutely pandemic in the downtown here, and is without question the source of much of the crime. The assumption that theft has crack addiction as its motive is, just given the sheer prevalence, bound to be accurate more times than not)

It is difficult to really drive home to non-Ottawa people just how severe it has gotten here. And impossible to exaggerate.

No offence, it's just that comments like that help people shut down methodone clinics and start up work camps, IMHO.

True dat, but even more on target, at the heart of council's shutting down of Ottawa's clean crack pipe program and the continual to and fro that goes on about it . Apparently we all love HIV and Hep-C here in the capital, dontcha know.

methadone clinics (does that help with crack addicts?)

No, but addiction is a serious physical illness and the side-stepping of addictions as a moral problem is at the heart of things like the shutting down of methadone clinics. So T.B. isn't making too far of a leap in drawing the parallel. (I'm not suggesting that you were doing that BWM .. I actually don't think that you were)

Big Wooly Mammoth, maybe it is wrong to make those sort of assumptions, but if I had to put my money on it, I'd guess that your title is accurate. And regardless, sorry that your kids stuff got stolen man. That's sucks!! :( :(

All of that.

I did mean to draw the parallel and I am aware that crack doesn't lead to methadone needs.

Interesting to hear that an increase in local crime has followed the shut down of the clean pipe program.

I don't live in Ottawa, I did however live at Carleton and Jarvis in Toronto for three years and I think I've got a fair perspective on the situation.

Edited by Guest