Jambands.ca

Avery plays the "sloppy seconds" card!

rubberdinghy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
He should have just hit Phaneuf from behind, he would have got less of a suspension.

For the record, it seems the ESPN american audience finds the fact that they suspended him to be a joke, and they are making fun of the league.

http://myespn.go.com/s/conversations/show/story/3740622/sort/oldest

Part of me agrees with them.

These are the same people who cheer for guys who walk into nightclubs with loaded weapons, organize dog fights, and generally act like total assholes.

Good on the NHL for maintaining a high ethics standard in an environment that would easily accommodate a point system for fights.

Personally, I dont see what the big issue is here. So what? He is in trouble for using the term "sloppy seconds"?

Pretty soon no one will be allowed to speak to the media because interviews are boring-as-fack as it now stands. Ever hear Spezza get interviewed? That boy is about as dumb as a box of hammers. All this pre-scripted cliche bs really grates on ones nerves after a while.

"I had him living at my house during the lockout when he was with the (United Hockey League's Motor City) Mechanics and I had to kick him out after three weeks," Chelios said. "He turned my house upside down with the kids. It was funny, but after a while ... he's not a bad kid, but he has bad judgement sometimes."